Part 10- Drunk

"Okay, so how do you want to do this?" I ask, staring down at the bottle of vodka and two shot glasses on the counter.

"What do you mean?" Pete asks, raising his eyebrows.

"Like, should we make a game out of it? Watch a show and every time someone says something we take a shot? Or did you just want to drink for the sake of drinking?" I carry on. I've never been a fan of drinking for no reason, but Pete wanted to so I'll spend time with him however he chooses.

"The tv thing sounds fun!" Pete smiles, grabbing the bottle and two glasses from the counter. He strolls into the living area and plops down on the couch, placing the drinks on the coffee table in front of him. I follow behind quietly and sit next to him, my leg touching his.

Pete grabs the remote off of the coffee table and turns the television on. I lean into him and pull a blanket over us.

"What should we watch?" He asks. I can feel his heartbeat quickening with every passing second.

"Lord of the Rings." I state. "Every time a character says the word "hobbit", we drink." I smile, leaning forward and opening the bottle of vodka.

-

About half an hour into the movie, each of us have already done roughly 8 or 9 shots. To be completely honest, I've already lost count. I'm leaning on Pete, snuggling into him when I hear another character speak the dreaded word.

I sit up quickly and pour two shots. I hand one to Pete, who is looking a little bit out of it.

"One," I hold my shot glass up towards my mouth.

"Two," Pete joins in.

"Three," I laugh, shooting back the burning vodka. The taste is disgusting and hard to put back, but the sensation of it sliding down my throat is warm and comfortable.

"Can we pause it for a while? I need a break." Pete sighs, running his fingers through his hair. I reach for the remote and pause the movie.

I quickly sit up and move to the other end of the couch, sitting cross legged in Pete's direction. The couch isn't exactly huge, so my feet can still touch Pete's thigh. As I move I can feel the full effects of the shots I've taken and I stumble a bit. I blink rapidly to try and sober up, to try not to fall off the couch. Luckily I'm successful and don't make a total fool out of myself.

"We should order Pizza," Pete states, pulling out his iPhone from his pocket and dialling. "What type do you want?"

"I'm easy, as long as it's not-"

"Hawaiian?" Pete cuts me off.

"If you order Hawaiian I am seriously going to smash my head into a wall." I laugh.

"Don't worry, I was going to get meat lovers"

"Good." I smile widely while he holds the phone to his ear.

"Yeah, hi. Delivery please. Oh ummm," his eyebrows furrow like he's thinking hard about something, "you know the huge Avengers building? Yeah, there." He chuckles. Obviously he didn't know the address, but I don't blame him. "Just a meat lovers please... Oh um, large? Yeah, large... Okay, thanks."

Pete hangs up the phone and puts it on the coffee table.

"You're very awkward on the phone, you know that?" I tease, tucking a stray strand of hair behind my ear.

"Thanks, you're very kind"

"I know." I lick my lips.

Pete stares at me from across the couch. I watch as his cheeks flush, then turn a bright pink colour.

"What?" He asks. I notice I've been staring at him for a little too long.

"I'm happy I met you" I smile. My eyelids are heavy with the effects of the alcohol setting in.

Pete turns his upper body towards me and leans into the backrest of the couch. His smile is wide and his pearly white teeth show through his lips.

"Yeah, I'm pretty cool," Pete chuckles, placing one of his hands on my knee.

I stare down at his hand, his thumb rubbing gently across my knee. I bite my lip instinctively and peer up at him, him already staring at me. I meet his puppy dog brown eyes and my cheeks immediately grow hot. His lips part open and I stare down at them.

Quickly, his lips move closer and meet mine. I close my eyes and feel electricity ring through my body. Pete cups my face with one of his hands while the other holds his weight off of me on the arm of the couch. I wrap my arms around his torso and deepen the kiss, pulling him as close to me as I can.

He leans further down onto me, where I can wrap my legs around his hips. I run my fingers through the hair on the back of his head and he groans.

Kissing Peter is exactly how I imagined it to be. He's passionate and careful and isn't rushing me at all. I feel a very strong connection with Peter and I'm glad that he seems to feel the same way.

I don't know if it's the alcohol or what, but a sudden burst of confidence overwhelms me. I push Pete off of me and onto the other side of the couch. His eyes widen in confusion, until I begin to climb on top of him. The sides of his lips pulls upwards and I know he's happy with my actions. I reconnect our lips again, straddling his waist on the couch.

His hands find their way to my hips and stay there respectively. It makes me happy knowing that Pete genuinely cares about me, and his actions make that clear.

I pull away from him and stare into his eyes. His cheeks are pink and warm and a small glisten of sweat covers his forehead, "I really like you, Pete," I smile.

He doesn't answer me, but I know he feels the same way. His eyes brighten immensely and he cups my face again, pulling my back in for another kiss. He works his way down my jaw and to my neck, sucking lightly.

Just as the moment heats up, the sound of high heeled steps rings through the air. I immediately jump back from Pete and fall back onto the couch, laughing as if something is really funny.

"You ordered pizza?" Natasha walks in, carrying a box of delicious smelling pizza.

I cough and sit up, smiling widely. Then I remember...

The vodka.

I reach for the bottle and put it on the floor, along with the shot glasses. It seems Natasha doesn't notice, which is thankful.

She hands Pete the box and he smiles. He's still lightly covered in sweat and his cheeks are pink.

"Peetie, maybe take a Tylenol or something... You're looking a little flushed." One of her eyebrows raises up, then a smirk crawls onto her face. "Or maybe just close the vodka for the night." She smiles, then walks off down the hallway.

I burst into laughter and Pete joins me. I reach for the pizza box and open it wide, finding a Hawaiian pizza.

My smile fades immediately, "You're kidding me."

Authors Note
Hellooooooo! Chapter 10 finally and Ash n Pete finally got together!

Does anyone watch Game of Thrones? Season 7 finale last night has me SHOOK

Anyways, I'm starting school and moving around this week so writing might be slow, sorry

What do you think about Ash n Pete?