Chapter Four

Unedited.

The office door opened, and Sophie didn't look up from the stack she had gotten the moment she had got to her office.

"Close the door and sit down." She told the couple that came in. The side door opened and Kysil walked in with another stack of papers. Setting them on the side table, with the other stack that had piled up. Finishing the form with her signature Sophie spoke. "Have these sent to Atlantis." She said picking up the pile of forms she had cleared. Kysil took the pile. "And give this list to Dole." Sophie said pulling out the list she had made earlier that morning. Kysil took the pile and list. "Anything else?" He asked. "Bring lunch, and invite Dole up." Sophie said giving him a tired smile.

Kysil blushed and stuttered a yes, before stumbling away. Sophie let out a breath before standing. "Getting married is a very big decision-" she stopped as she stared at the teal eyed family. "I'm already happily married." Alden said wrapping his arm around Della who smiled and leaned in. "Sorry. I was expecting someone else." Sophie said smiling as she sat down in front of them. Part of her office was a sitting room, in which she had to grill each couple that walked in, or where she would sit to have lunch and dinner with Sandor. With a small couch, that the couple sat in, a table and Sophie's chair across from it. Biana was sitting next to Alden as she'd held Iggy close. "I missed you." She cooed to the imp, who had flown to her lap. Fitz sat on the arm of the couch and gave Sophie a small smile.

"So this is where you've been hiding yourself for the past week?" Alden asked. Sophie looked at Sandor as she took a seat. "It's been that long?" Sandor nodded. "Sorry." Sophie apologized to the Vackers. "I've been swamped." She said. "I can tell." Alden said looking over at the stack of papers. Sophie leaned back into her comfortable cushioned chair. "How have you all been?" She asked. "We all are taking it day by day." Della said softly. Sophie rubbed a hand over her face, her fingers grazing her circlet. Taking it off she set it on the coffee table, "Me too." She said, leaning back again, feeling more relaxed. "Grady and Edaline miss you...they just refuse to 'bother' you." Biana said picking up the circlet and observing it from every angle.

"I'll leap over for dinner." Sophie promised herself, glancing at Sandor, to make sure he reminded her if she forgot. He gave a nod as he made a mental note. "So what's it like being councilwoman?" Biana asked setting the circlet on her head. Sophie smiled, at her, she looked like a queen, while Sophie probably looked like a thief with a stolen crown, the circlet fit Biana perfectly. "Exhausting." Sophie said as thew side door opened again, and Kysil came in with another stack of papers. "From Bronte, Emery and Oralie." He said. Sophie sighed, but nodded. "Thank you Kysil." She said. The gnome grinned before leaving. "Well will admit it certainly does look exhausting." Fitz said plucking the circlet from Biana, who had held it up to the light.

"I have to keep reminding myself, I'll be a representative, so I don't burn all these papers." Sophie said, as she let Iggy settle in her lap, she stroked him. Fitz observed her circlet before handing it to his mom. Fitz gave her his movie star worthy smile, making butterflies start in Sophie's stomach. "Anything we can do to help?" He asked. Sophie gave a laugh. "If there was, you'd be drowning in the paper work with me." She said, Fitz shrugged, "I'm a good swimmer." He smiled. Sophie pursed her lips as she remembered the swim party at Havenfield. She had kissed him then.

By his sparkling eyes, he was remembering the same thing. Sophie pulled her eyes away, feeling her cheeks heat. "So," she said looking at Biana. "Any new dresses?" She asked. Biana tilted her head in surprise. "Yeah...why?" She asked. "I'm attended six weddings tomorrow." Sophie said. "I kind of need a dress, and you know my style best." She said. Biana nodded, as she took the circlet from her Dad. "I'll see what I can do." She promised. "How are the others?" Sophie asked. Tam and Linh had joined Foxfire and passed entrance exams with a score higher than anyone else ever had. Keefe had gotten three months detention for planting reekrod wherever Sir Leto went, and Dex was working on an improved version of sucker punches, and to everyone's surprise Wylie had helped Biana with her fashion line.