Chapter Eleven

Unedited.

Bronte. Mr. Forkle. Magnate Leto. Sir Astin. They were all the same person.

"I should have expected this." Sophie mumbled through her shock. "Quite so." Bronte gruffed. Sophie had to sit down because her head was spinning. Bronte, or whoever he really was sat down in front of her desk.

"I want a real answer." Sophie said as she rubbed her temples. "Am I related to anyone I know...or like?" Sophie asked. "No." Bronte said. Sophie let out a small breath of relief. At least now she knee she hadn't kissed some very distant relative, when she had kissed Fitz. "Sophie, there is a plan for all this. We're nearly in place to strike." He said. "Just what am I supposed to do? Die?" Sophie asked, the weight of the dead line -no pun intended- was only two days away. "Precisely." Bronte said making her look up at him. "Just hear me out." He said leaning forward.

"If the Neverseen thought you were dead, they would become more careless. They would think our weapon is out of our hands. You aren't a weapon Sophie." Bronte said quickly. "However something I learned..." He said pulling a small vile of ruckleberries out of his pocket, and held it up to the light. "Some dead people don't stay dead." He said his eyes meeting Sophie's.

~

"Yes your arms healed up nicely." Elwin said as he took Sophie's bandages off her arms. Eliza at that very moment was at Everglen, bouncing on Biana's bed, telling her to wake up. Sophie looked at her arms before nodding. "Thanks." She stood up and looked at her arms, that were only slightly red.

She was about to start walking away, before thinking better of it. She turned and flung her arms around Elwin. "Thank you for everything." Surprised Elwin hugged her. "You're welcome." He said. Sophie stepped back and smiled. "I have a championship to cheer on." Elwin grinned. "Oh yes. I'll see you there." He said. Sophie left his office, and leapt to her office, it was Wylie's office now. Taking a single ruckleberry she felt her appearance change, she glanced at the scroll sitting between her circlet on her desk.

Bronte had told her she could write out a will of sorts, and give her position to someone, and apparently the lock Wylie was to open was councilors. That was what he was the key too, Sophie knew he'd be an amazing councilor. Sophie looked around the room one last time, before pressing the brick behind the painting. The fireplace swung open and she stared at the inky darkness below, where she'd disappear to. Taking a deep breath Sophie went to the passage and slipped in. Her sucker punches gave a dull glow, that lit up the step in front of her, with everyone she took another appeared, all leading up to the low floor.

Just like she was following the Black Swan, she downy know the full plan, she just knew the step ahead of her, she knew it was leading up to something. Sophie followed the passages to chamber six, Mr. Forkle stood waiting for her. Chamber six was more of a open space room. Mr. Forkle had gotten a box of her things from Havenfield earlier that morning. In it was her spy ball, memory log, more clothes that were much simpler than what she had been wearing for the past month and a half. "Chamber four is where you can stay if you want." Mr. Forkle said, Sophie spotted the balled up chains in the box as well.

"I could just stay with...Wylie's other part, like Eliza has been." Sophie said as she pulled the vile of ruckleberries out of her pocket before eating one. "As of now you are free to go wherever you like." Mr. Forkle said. "Just know chamber four is prepared for someone to stay there."

"I'll keep that in mind." Sophie said. "Most people should be up and going to the championships." Mr. Forkle said. "I'd also like to introduce you to someone." He said, before motioning to the dark shadowed corner. A elf walked out, the stance was familiar but the face was not, with sharp blue eyes and tan skin just as Sophie's was now, and dark hair.  "Sandor?" Sophie asked. The elf grinned, "Eliza this is your older brother Sandor, his nickname being Sandy." Mr. Forkle said. "Aren't you supposed to be with Eliza?" Sophie asked, even though she was Eliza at the moment, and Eliza her. "I am..." Sandor said. "He made another identity as well." Mr. Forkle said. "But....so this is the real Sandor in front of me?" Sophie asked to be sure.