Chapter Nineteen

Unedited.

The voice was thick and smooth, like wind brushing over silk, it vibrated through the air waves reaching Sophie.

Cold chills went up her body, fear threatening to make her heart give out. Invisible snake like vines wrapped around Sophie, making her freeze in place. Thin lips curled up even higher, as nostrils flared, "I smell you're fear." A forked tongue darted along the blood stained teeth, for a moment before the dark elf stepped forward. "There is no need to be afraid." The voice wasn't threatening, in fact it was just the opposite. It was deep and comforting, for some reason, that made Sophie tremble in more terror. It was like the devil with the voice of an angel.

"I know all about you. You are very impressive. I've seen you through the eyes of my stupid creations." The elf glared at the piles of gold dust around the large room. At the sight of Sophie still cowering the elf sighed. "I'm sorry. Where are my manners." He walked towards Sandor and Sophie, who were to scared to move. He kneeled to their height, and held out his hand "My name is Luci." He said, bowing his head. Sophie swallowed. This fear was being caused by him, he was making her cower, but she had a family to protect. She had to be brave. Reaching out she grabbed the large cold hand, it was strong and hard like metal, "Sophie." Sophie said shaking his hand. Luca smiled, showing the pointed teeth, his hand closed around her gently.

He shook her hand. "An honor to meet you." He said, his red eyes going up to the circlet on her head. "Councilor?" He asked as he stood up. "I was, I'm going to resign when I get back." Sophie said, forcing her voice to remain strong. "What an extraordinary elf you are." Luci said staring down at her, before he frowned. "Tell me, have you ever though of taking over the world?" He asked, as if he were asking if it looked cloudy on a rainy day. "Um...no." Sophie said, as she watched the elf turn and walk to a far wall. "Shame. I think you could do it, with that determination of yours." Luci picked up a pair of large pants off a table. Sophie turned her eyes away as he pulled them on. "Ah, that feels better. Sorry about that." Luci apologized.

"If you're a guy, why is your name Lucy?" Was all Sophie could think to ask. "Oh no, no, not Lucy with a 'y' it's L-U-C-I, Luci." Luci said as he patted down his chest as if to be sure he was still intact. "It's short for Lucifer. Most humans called me Satan, Lucifer, Devil, Hades, Pluto, I'm known by many names, but Lucifer is my given one." He said. Sophie couldn't blame humans. "You're doing this..." She said stepping back. A shaped eyebrow raised. "Striking fear in to you? Yes. I was brought from Exile to kill you, after all." He said.

"That was you?" Sophie asked remembering the dark elf inn exile. "No, in that cell is another one of my creations." Luci said with a chiding voice. The sound of one last pop from a silver square made Sophie jump, reminding her, there was a ticking atomic bomb and she had already lost at least three minutes gawking at the dark elf. Grabbing onto Sandor's arm, she stepped towards the door. "Where are you going? I thought we might have tea." Luci said. "I....I have to...um...leave." Sophie said. Luci smiled, a sweet smile, as if a parent was smiling at a child doing something pitifully funny. "Oh, but you see." He said raising his long arms digging the thick claws into the wall. "I would, really." He said, his red eyes narrowing as he said 'really' as he pulled himself up on the wall, his feet somehow sticking to the wall. "Like for you to stay." He finished crawling across the flat wall.

Sophie felt sick to her stomach, as Luci crouched, crawling on all fours, he made his way around to the door, and hung on the wall staring at Sophie. His neck bending in an unnatural way to look at her and Sandor. His shoulder blades were bent at an even more unnatural way, making his elbows stick out sideways. He was almost like a humanoid spider. The sight made Sophie want to vomit.

"I really have to go." Sophie said, imitating his way of saying 'really' a maniac like smile appeared, as the thin lips pulled back showing pale gums. "This will be fun." Lucifer said. "My first hunt." He said, his eyes sparking like fire, as they lit up with the blood lust Sophie had seen so many times in the demons.