imagine 17: d'angelo russell

sorry I haven't been updating much
I'll make it up to y'all tho
It's summer break so I'll update lotssss
this 1 is for @QveenAmariJay
hope u love it.

I sat by the podium, the funeral just wrapped up and me and the twins were giving our condolences when I started to think about Grandma Russell, she was such a kind soul. "Amari?" A voice yelled from far away, I recognized that voice and began to panic. "Amari!" The voice shouted running towards me, I began to pack up my things wanting to get away from him.

"Hey," he said out of breath finally reaching me, I rolled my eyes and grabbed my sons hands I attempted to walk away, D'Angelo stopped in front of me and pleaded, "Can we please talk Amari?"

•••

The twins went to their aunties house while me and D'angelo were sitting in Starbucks. "So," he started "Are you a babysitter now?" He said referring to the two boys, "Are you a white girl now?" I said referring to him taking me to Starbucks. He refused to answer the question. "Ok-," D'angelo attempted to lighten the mood before being interrupted by me.

"Why did you leave me?" I asked straight forward. "Now Amari come on," he said guilty. "No, I want to know." I said becoming angry. "I didn't leave you it's just that basket-," he began again before being interrupted by me again. "So basketball was more important to you than our relationship so you fled and left me with two boys?" I shouted making him speechless. I rolled my eyes and picked up my stuff and got the hell out of Starbucks.

•••

"Mommy!!" Danté yelled from upstairs, "I'm coming!" But before I could get upstairs the doorbell rang. "Just one sec Danté okay baba?" I called to my son before walking to the door. "Am-," D'angelo said before I slammed the door in his face, I was being extremely petty right now and I didn't have the time for this.

"Amari please," he begged. I groaned and opened the door, "You've got thirty seconds." I stated blankly. "I love you so much Amari and I didn't mean to leave you like that, it's just that, I, no, just that, um, I was too scared that if I got famous I would change and leave you." He said super fast. I smiled at him and let him talk. "What I'm trying to say is that I'm super sorry and I can't believe I let a beautiful girl like you walk out of my life, and I want to be a fat-" I cut him off with a kiss, "I love you too D."