Chapter Three {The Other Lords}

{Cy's POV}

     After hanging out with my friends and the new neighbor, Vanessa, I headed home and got ready for bed.

     I had turned my light out and gotten comfortable, and I found myself dozing off.

     I wake up in my tent to see Ash, my head guard, and Pandora, my third in command, sound asleep next to me. Taylor, my second in command, is probably right outside the tent on guard duty and, most likely, tending to the fire. Suddenly, I hear a female voice.

     "Run!" It shouts, panicked.

     I quickly woke up Ash and Pandora, as Taylor sticks his head in the tent.

     "What do we do?" He asks, worry evident in his voice.

     "Grab-," I started to say, but was cut off by a high pitched scream.

     "Follow the others!" A different female voice yells. I continue what I was saying.

     "Grab your weapons," I instruct, as I grab my own pair of daggers. "We've got some people to save."

     We got up to quickly follow the voices.

     "Nessie!" A male voice yells.

     "Just go!" The second female voice we heard shouts.

     We were soon met with people running from Shadow Souls.

     "Pandora! Take them back to camp!" I order. "Ash! Taylor! Help me take care of these Shadow Souls!"

     They all nod and do what they are told. When Ash, Taylor, and I had killed all of the Shadow Souls, we head back to camp.

     When we got there everyone was talking except the guy with midnight black hair. He was wearing a red jacket, black pants, and a mask that covered his eyes. He then begins to look around, confused.

     "Wait. . .where are Jason and Lord Vanessa?" He asks.

     "There were others?" Taylor asks, confused.

     "Lord Nessa was pulled through the weird black and purple thing by those black ghosts with suns for eyes," a little girl with dark gray hair, white highlights, and royal blue eyes says. She looks about six. . .seven. . .eight years old. . .somewhere around there.

     "Bubby Jason went in after her," the little boy next to her says. He looks just like her. About six. . .seven. . .or eight. Dark gray hair, white highlights, royal blue eyes. My immediate thoughts are 'twins.' They look quite adorable.

     "Why?!" A Meif'wa with light blue hair and eyes, and a dark blue tail and ears asks.

     "Because he's her head guard. . .duh!" The other Meif'wa says. She had dark blue hair and eyes, and a light blue tail and ears. . .more twins. . .maybe? Definitely.

     "Ash! Taylor! Pandora! Get some supplies ready! We're going to the Nether! I need someone who knows where the portal is to show me." I say.

     "I'm going with you. . .the whole way," the guy with black hair, red jacket, and the mask says, "Not just to the portal."

     "You probably shouldn't. It's too dangerous," I say.

     'I only know this because that used to be my home,' I thought.

     "You don't even know what they look like! They've been my best friends for as long as I can remember! They've been my best friends since I was seven. Jase was five and Vanessa was four and a half years old." He retorts, "Besides. . .I can take care of myself. I've been on my own for years."

     "I'm coming too!" A guy with light brown hair and pale blue eyes says. He's obviously a guard. . .he's wearing armor and standing in a protective stance in front of the girl with raven hair and hazel eyes. She must be a Lord.

     "But Laurence-," she starts to say, but he cuts her off.

     "I'm a Shadow Knight and they're going to need all the help they can get," the guard, Laurence, says, then he looks into her eyes, "Lord Aphmau, I'll come back, I promise." Yep she's a Lord. She nods reluctantly.

     "As long as it's okay with her," she says, pointing to me.

     "Fine! You guys can come. . .but I'm not going to be responsible for any deaths that may happen," I say, slightly annoyed.