Chapter Six {The Dead Sister}

{Jason's POV}

     I open my eyes and look around. Realizing I'm in an unfamiliar place, I sit up and examine my surroundings more closely. I see familiar faces sleeping all around me. Melody, Harmony, and McKayla. Nessie doesn't know we're here yet. She had mailed me a key to her house in case we arrived while she's sleeping, which is exactly what happened. I look further to my left and see a face that brings back bad memories. Nessa's going to freak out. . .her sister, Violet, was thought to be dead long ago, but there she laid, sleeping soundly. Nessa thought she was dead. . .hell, we all did.

     I nearly had a heart attack when she walked up to me while I was filling the car with gas.

{Flashback}

     I had just stopped to get gas. I look in the window to see Melody, Harmony and McKayla sitting in the backseat, sound asleep. Melody and Harmony are Meif'wa twins. One has dark blue hair and eyes and a light blue tail and ears, while the other one is the exact opposite. Even though I've known them nearly my entire life, I can never remember which one is which. McKayla is my little sister. She has dark gray hair and royal blue eyes. She also had a twin. . .Max. But he died long ago, the same time as Val and Vi died.

     Someone taps my shoulder, tearing me away from my thoughts.

     "Jase?" I hear a familiar voice say. I freeze.

     No. . .she's dead. She died! Nessa and I were the one's that found her body.

     "Jason?" She asks again. "Is it really you?"

     I slowly turn around to face Violet.

     "V-Vi?" Curse my stuttering. "B-but. . .you're dead. . .I saw your body!" I raised my voice, unable to control myself, at the end.

      "What? But I thought you were dead! I saw your body. . ." she said. That's when it clicked. Something's going on. . .something bad. . .and Nessa and I, well, we're right in the center of it all.

{Flashback Ends}