Chapter Ten {Irene the Matron}

{Hyria's POV}

     After running into Vanessa and the others, Vanessa invites everyone to her house. I humbly accept and she leads us to her home. When we get there she tells me to hold on. She speaks to Cy.

     "Go get everyone." She says and Cy nods. Cy starts to leave.

     "Wait!" I say and Cy freezes. Everyone turns to look at me.

     "We'll need more than just your friends. We'll need Vanessa, Jason, you, and Aaron, who are all already here. However, we'll also need Zane Ro'meave, Laurence Zvahl, Travis Valkyrum, Aphmau Phoenix, Garroth Ro'meave, Katelyn Fire, Ivy Venom, Jeffory Golden Heart, Abby Golden Heart, Janus Silver, Lillian Dark, Xavier Jury, and, of course, my daughter, Lucinda Witcher."

     "We only know Zane, Garroth, Travis, Laurence, Katelyn, Jeffory, Abby, Lucinda, and Ivy. Janus, Lillian, and Xavier. . .who are they? We've never heard of them," Cy says. Well. . .crap.

     "I guess I'll have to find them myse--," I start, but Vanessa cuts me off.

     "I know who they are. . ." She whispers quietly, looking down.

     "What?" I ask and everyone gasps and turns to her except Aaron, Jason, and the girl, McKayla I think.

     "We grew up in the same town as them. . .however, the three moved before the town just dropped dead. Vanessa is still in contact with them," Shil--Jason says.

    "I can text them, but they won't be able to be here for another week or so," Vanessa offers.

     "Okay, we can explain it to them another time. However, we need to continue. Get the others. Please," I say.

     Cy nods and leaves, returning five minutes later with everyone I requested for except Ivy.

     "We're not necessarily on good terms with Ivy at the moment. Explain to her some other time." Cy says.

     "Okay. Everyone sit in a circle and take your respective books." I instruct. "When I tell you this story I expect no interruptions."

     They all nod. The Makings of the Matron is placed in front of Aphmau. The Deeds of the Destroyer is placed in front of Aaron. The Projects of the Protector and The Determination of the Diamond Soul are placed in front of Garroth. The Hells of the High Priest is placed in front of Zane. The Findings of the Fury and The Freedom of the Fire Fist are placed in front of Katelyn. The Grave of the Golden Heart is placed in front of Jeffory. The Generation of the Golden Heart's Child is placed in front of Abby. The Workings of the Warrior is placed in front of Cylia. The History of the Healer is placed in front of Vanessa. The Aftermath of the Angel is placed in front of Jason. The Words of the Wanderer is placed in front of Laurence. The Keepings of the Keeper is placed in front of Travis. The Days of the Dark Mask, The Jubilation of the Jury Leader, The Venture of the Venom Scythe, The Sign of the Silver Death, and The Deaths of the Divine are placed in front of me.

     So, with that. . .I start my story.

     "Hello, for those of you who haven't met me yet, I'm Hyria Witcher, and I have an interesting story to tell. I'm not quite sure where to start in the terms of my story, so I'll start at the beginning of it all.

     I'm sure you all know of the Divine Warriors. Irene the Matron, Shad the Destroyer, Enki the Keeper, Esmund the Protector, Kul'zak the Wanderer, and Menphia the Fury. That's all of them, right?

     No, not quite. You see, you may think that's all of them. However, there are three less commonly known Divine Warriors who play a huge role in how we live today. Lyla the Healer, Shilo the Angel, and Siri the Warrior, but since you don't really know anything about them, I'll start with the ones you do know. Lady Irene being the first. Aphmau Phoenix," I say and Aphmau looks at me. "This is pertaining to you." She nods, and I start telling them the story of Irene.

     "Lady Irene is believed to be the most powerful being in the world. She's most commonly known as a goddess, but some people believe she's not.

     Thousands of years ago, Lady Irene served the Ru'an region as a source of good. She stood for justice and peace, and took side to what she found moral.

     However, despite the Divine Warriors being gods and goddesses amongst people, they succumbed to their human emotions. Irene and Shad were deeply in love with each other. However, fate was a cruel thing, and the two were bound to eternal conflict, as Shad was a god of chaos and destruction, and Irene was a goddess of good. Irene, despite this, tried to save Shad, throwing him into many different realms, but Shad would always find a way to break them, therefore, earning him the title "Realm Breaker."

     Esmund was a shield of good, a protector, and fought alongside Irene through her battles. Esmund eventually found himself in love with Irene. This resulted in numerous conflicts between the three, and eventually Irene could feel no love, even for those who loved her so dearly.

     The other Divine Warriors came to the conclusion to kill Shad, hoping this action would rid the world of evil, and maybe, give Irene the power to love again. Shad found out about this and lost his morality becoming a being of pure evil, "The Shadow Lord."

     Irene took the battle into the Irene Dimension, and there, the Divine Warriors fought Shad. The battle was long fought and eventually the Divine Warriors were able to defeat Shad.

     Irene, however, could not grieve for Shad's death. She could feel nothing, and as her friends took reincarnation, she wandered the world in emptiness.

     Years later, Irene encountered me and told me of her one true desire, to feel again. I told her to hide away her memories and take slumber in the Irene Dimension, until one day the world needed her again.

     This is the story of Irene. She had a rough life and is known to be the savior of all, but that's not the end of the story, because as you may already know, there are still five more Divine Warriors you know, and three more Divine Warriors you don't. The story must continue on, but eventually, it'll take a wrong turn, and won't be able to turn back."

     Everyone's eyes are as wide as an aliens. Their mouths agape. I smile.

     "Who shall be next?"

     "Laurence," Cy says, she's being serious. In the entire time I've been watching over her. . .over them, she's never, ever, been this serious before.

     "Going for another love story I see, everyone can get up, stretch their legs, and if you'd like grab some snacks, once you're finished, come sit back in your spots and I'll continue with the story of Kul'zak the Wanderer." I say.