Forks

Chapter 1

            I told my mom and my step-father, Phil that I’ll be staying with my dad, Charlie and my older sister, Bella while they’re touring different states. Things will be very hard for me because I’ll probably move around and make new friends and start to different schools every year. So I decided to stay at Forks, Washington plus I haven’t seen Charlie for years and I miss my big sister though she emails me every day and tells me about her life over there.

            ‘Ella, better hurry up or your flight will leave you.’ mom told me. Looking at my empty room, I’m sure I’m going to miss this place. This is where I grew up and all the good and bad memories were made here but it’s for the best.

            Phil then put my suitcase inside the trunk and said, ‘Let’s go ladies. We’ve got a flight to catch up.’ We all climbed inside the car and headed to the airport.

            I felt a little light headed when Phil started driving. Please, not now. Phil was driving roughly 80 kph. Phil really drives fast my stomach doesn’t feel good and I feel lightheaded, this is not good. I then grabbed tightly my backpack. I wish the ride is over. I think I’m going to be sick.

            ‘Did you say goodbye to your friends? I’m sure they’re going to miss you.’ Phil said while driving. Swallowing a big lump on my throat and trying not to let any tears stream down on my face, ‘Yeah, I did. Before the school ended, we went to hangout at the mall and we all promised that we text and call each other.’ I said and felt uncomfortable talking about it. They dropped the subject since no one talked and for once I’m glad for the silence.

            We finally arrived at the airport. ‘Call or text me when you’re already there. I’m so going to miss you so much baby.’ Mom hugged me tightly and looked at me with teary eyes. ‘Don’t worry mom. I’ll text you when the plane has landed and I will also miss you too.’ I also hugged her and Phil too and went inside the plane but before that I gave them both a flying kiss.

            It’s safe to say that the plane didn’t crash so I sent a quick text to my mom saying that I safely landed and that I’ll call her later when I get home. I was trying to find a cop uniform and a pale person at the airport when I finally found them I rushed and hugged dad and Bella.

            ‘Hey baby girl, how was the flight?’ dad said. ‘It’s okay. It didn’t crash and that’s a pretty good sign because with my luck things could turn ugly.’ I said. ‘I’m so glad you’re here to stay Ells. I miss my little sister.’ Bella said. ‘Me too Bells. Me too.’ I said.

            We all climbed inside dad’s cruiser and headed home. Once again silence filled the air. This is what I like about Bella and dad. They don’t bother you that much. But I know that they love and care for me very much.

            I looked outside the window and saw the sign that said, ‘Welcome to Forks, Population of 3192.’ The population of this place is small that everybody knows everybody. The fact that they’ve grown up with each other is intimidating but as long as dad and Bella is here with me, everything is going to be okay. All I see now outside the window is green, full of lively trees, lots of it and I love it.

            We finally arrived at the white house, as I call it. The only thing that’s out of place was a Volvo car that is parked in front of the house. There is a pale, handsome guy standing beside the car. I can see dad’s happy face turned into a frown. His authority figure began to show in an instant.

            I then looked at him again, so this must be the guy Bella’s dating. The guy who left her for many months and came back like nothing happened. He then looked at me but something is wrong with its stare, like he is frustrated but then he completely masked it with a welcoming smile. Okay, that’s weird. Is he bipolar or something?

            The thing is that I forgive but I never forget. So what’s the point of forgiving if you keep on remembering the person’s mistake? Let’s just say I learned the hard way. But this is Bella, as long as she’s happy and so I’ll be happy for her. But if he hurts her again, hell will break loose and that’s a promise.

            ‘Girls, go ahead. Ella, I’ll bring your things to your room.’ dad said and went inside with my suitcase. Bella then went to the guy and waved at me to come near. When I was already standing in front of them, ‘Edward, this is my little sister, Rafaella Marie Swan.’ Bella said to him and added, ‘Ella, this is Edward Cullen, my boyfriend.’

            I gave him my best smile and I said to Bella, ‘Hey Bells, I’m heading in first. I have to unpack my stuff and get some rest. I’ll talk to you later.’ then I turned to Edward and I said, ‘It’s nice meeting you.’ I then thought, hope not to see you often and went inside the house.

            After packing all of my clothes inside my closet and some other stuff like teddy bears, laptop, etc on my bed and desk, I immediately texted mom that I safely arrived at the house and added that I’ll probably call her tomorrow since its already late. It was already past 7 in the evening and I wasn’t really hungry so I decided to sleep and maybe tomorrow will be better.