Bond

Chapter 9

Ella’s POV

            Bella and I finally arrived at the Cullen’s residence and saw Edward standing outside the door with Jasper leaning on the wall. As Bella parked the truck, Edward came at her door side and opened the door for her, and she blushed. I find it amusing to see her blush for the little gestures Edward is showing to her. I have never seen her blush like this back when we were at Phoenix. I chuckled softly, they’ve been dating a long time now and she is still not gotten over the fact that her boyfriend is a gentleman.

I then let out a gasp when I saw Jasper standing outside my door holding the door for me. Trying to calm the beat of my heart and said, ‘Don’t scare me like that.’ He then said, ‘I am really sorry for scaring you.’ while giving me a pout. At his age, his pout is quite sexy. Damn it Ella! Your teenage hormone is getting the best of you. He then stretched his hand to me and I gave it a look. Is this for real? Chivalry is dead gone but not for Edward and Jasper’s family. I then put my hand on his and went out of the truck.

‘How was your trip to La Push? Did you thank your savior?’ Jasper asked me with a hint of jealousy in his tone. As we entered their house and sat at the couch I told him, ‘The trip was short but very refreshing. I did thank him and he said to come over anytime. I would likely visit him there and the reservoir soon.’ still remembering the beach, I then looked at him and he looked tense somehow, but why? I gave him a curious look but he didn’t look at my way. Odd, what is he not telling me?

Edward and Bella are looking between Jasper and I but I can tell that Edward gave him a look and then suddenly Jasper relaxed his muscles. I then silently asking my sister but she didn’t look at me but at Jasper, cautious and perplexed showing in her eyes, then looking at me with understanding, love, concern and assurance. I just gave her a curious look and turn back to Jasper, still looking at me with an emotion I cannot tell.

Looking through his eyes, I am hypnotized and such strong emotions coming from him. It is like an open book but still cannot grasp the different emotions swirling inside of him. I did not notice that Edward and Bella left us alone and who knows where they are going. I sense a lot of tension between us – sexual tension for me and to him, who knows. But I can still be comfortable and the sense of protection when near him, odd.

To break the tense atmosphere, I spoke first, ‘So, what’s with the attitude?’ Great job! The first thing that comes out of your mouth and you say that? Well done, Ella! Well done. He then laughed out loud, and such a beautiful and melodic laugh. So beautiful and perfect, too perfect even for me. ‘You caught that, didn’t you? Of course you did, you’re just like Bella but much more. You’re not ready for the answer that I’m going to tell you. So, let’s just get to know each other first. Do you mind?’ he gave me a crooked smile.

I gave it some thought. Though I am curious to what he’s answer is going to be. Of course I need to know him and his family more and the only way is to ask him and we’ll work up from there. But who’s going to start the question? Ugh. So I then face him and get comfortable, he also copied my action.

‘We’ll just ask question vice versa. Is that okay with you? Are you comfortable with that?’ I asked him. This should be a good start right? We got to have something in common. Do not get your hopes up. He does not even like you, nobody does. Well, except for family of course. He then nodded and said, ‘I will just say a word and you’ll just follow. Is that okay for you?’ I just nodded.

He then said, ‘Chocolate brown.’ ‘Well this is a tough one. I like the colors between pink, purple and blue. But my all time favorite is definitely blue.’ Way to start the question, Jasper. But, who cares?