Apology Accepted

Chapter 8

Ella’s POV

            It’s a good thing Bella drives at a slow pace, I can’t handle another attack and I don’t want to get Bella worried again. She takes things out of proportion and I don’t want to go back to mom and Phil. Bella then nudged me and said, ‘So, what do you think about Edward’s family? You’ve met Carlisle, Esme and Jasper so far and the others would probably meet you when you’re taken it all in.’

            I then looked outside the window, the trees are not that blurry and it calmed me. What do I think about Edward’s family? Well they’re different from the red-head girl. They’re more human in some way and I felt safe especially with Jasper. There’s something about him, I’m being pulled towards him. That he’s my safe haven as I call it. Probably the others would be the same.

            I could tell Bella the first but not the latter. I need to know why I feel this way about him. ‘Well, they’re different from the red-head girl at the forest –‘ Bella cringed and I continued, ‘they’re human in some way and probably the others would be the same. Tell me something –‘ I then looked at her and said,  ‘Are you going to be like one of them someday?’ I gulped and became nervous of her answer.

            She then looked at me straight in the eyes and said with determination, ‘Yes.’ She then got out of the truck and headed to what I think is a garage and I didn’t even get to respond. She really loves him that much to become one of them. Bella is very stubborn and I can tell that Edward is against of turning her. No one can ever change her mind, not mom, dad, Phil or even Jacob.

            I then got out and followed her. I then saw him, he’s back was facing me but I can tell that they’re having a heated discussion looking at Bella’s frustrated look and the muscles of Jacob is tense. I then coughed to get their attention then gave a look at Bella that says I want to talk to him in private and you need to cool off. She then understood and told Jacob something and he nodded.

            I then stepped closer to him and looked at him closely. He looks older but I can see his true self, looking at him closely he’s the same age as me. I then spoke first, ‘First of all, I know what the Cullen’s are and about the pack. Second, thank you for saving my life. Lastly, I’m very sorry if I was cold and rude to you. I’m not really like this, you know anti-social and a bitch.’ and I gave him a hug and kiss on the cheek.

            He then scratched the back of his neck and said, ‘First of all, I should be the one saying sorry. I didn’t successfully protect you because you got hurt in the end and I’m really sorry about that. Second is that everyone is the pack’s responsibility, we don’t want any people get hurt. Lastly, I accept your apology and maybe accept mine? I may come to you strong and I kept on pushing your limit.’

            ‘Let’s just put it behind us and start fresh? I can’t take any more chaotic emotions that I’ve been feeling.’ I told him and we both extend our arms and shook our hands. I then said to him while crossing my hands in front of my chest, ‘How long will you try to persuade her to leave Edward for you?’ being curious will be forever part of me. I’m not really prying I just want to know the extent of his pursuit and I can sense that it’s a lost cause as of what I’m seeing.

            He sighed heavily and have this determination look on his face, ‘As long as she’s still breathing I’ll fight for her and her life. She hasn’t even lived yet and she just throwing everything away for that damn selfish leech.’ I gave him a sympathetic look and reached for his hand and I said, ‘As long as you fight fair and square and that Bella won’t get hurt, physically and emotionally because of the both of you and I won’t interfere.’