Time To Fess Up

Chapter 5

Jasper’s POV

            Alice told me the first time we met at a bar that she’s been waiting for me for a long time and I was so embarrassed because I kept her waiting. She even told me that she saw in one of her visions that there’s a family, a coven that’s very different and after we joined them, and became part of the family she then saw a vision about what’s going to happen to Edward and I. She never gave us any hint until we settled in Forks and Edward took a glimpse when she got the vision. He was then frustrated because she began to block him and she’s getting good at it.

            Alice, Rose, Emmett and I then roam around Forks before the school starts. I then got bored since Alice and Rose has been shopping for almost 2 hours while Emmett went to the video game store to search a new game for him and some of us can play. I was going to the bookstore across the street to buy some books or just looked around.

            I didn’t mean to bump her but something tells me that she’s special and that she’s the missing piece in my undead life. Her voice is like an angel that God sent just for me. Her blood didn’t affect me at all. That she’s the anchor for the monster within me is to be tamed. Mine says the monster inside of me. Who is this girl?

            I have this strange pull towards her. I was finally at the other side of the street but I still want to see her face, to know who my angel is. As she finally turned to look at me, that face is remarkable but somehow familiar. She gave me a smile, a sheepish smile and a lame wave that will leave a permanent mark for me forever.  Then she was gone like the wind and the pull began to fade but there’s this pain that I’m feeling that’s getting deeper.

~''~''~''~ Hours Later ~''~''~''~

            Alice, Rose, Emmett and I were in the middle of our hunting when Alice got a vision. I can’t tell what she saw but her emotions where shock, worry, urgent, sad and disbelief. So I stepped in front of her and said, ‘Alice, what did you see? What happened?’ ‘We really need to go. Now!’ she shouted at us and ran as fast as she can so we followed her.

            We then followed her and we smelled a wet dog and another scent that smells beautiful yet doesn’t affect me at all, ‘What’s that dog doing here and why do I smell another human?’ Could it be, is she here? Why is she with that dog? Jealousy is so not my forte.

            I then suddenly heard, ‘Edward, it is useless to lie to her, she saw her and I can’t even know how to tell her how she got the bite mark unless you have a better lie to come up with.’ Bella said to him, her emotions are anxious, frustrated, scared and worry. Who are they talking about? Then Alice said, ‘Bella, I think you should be the one talking to her about this. I don’t think Victoria would leave her alone. I manage to take a glimpse of her future and it is not good. Ella, your sister since she’s very important to you will be in danger as of now.’

            Then Edward looked at Alice and his emotions were out of it from shocked, worry, disbelief and urgent are what I am felt from him, he then looked at me discreetly then looked at Alice again as I entered the room and went beside them.

            Alice then said to me, ‘Jasper, do you remember last year when we came here at Forks that I told you and Edward that there’s going to be a big change?’ I then nod and she continued saying, ‘You see, it’s about your mate and-’ I then cut her off and said, ‘What do you mean about my mate? What’s wrong with her? Is she okay? Get straight to the point!’ the Major inside of me is ready to take control and to know what’s happening to our precious mate.

            She then continued, ‘She’s here and there was a complication. She was attacked by Victoria when she was at the forest.’ I then marched up to her and said, ‘Why didn’t you see this earlier? This could have never happened if I was there and –’ but she cut me off and said, ‘That’s the problem Jasper! I didn’t see her because she was with those dogs. You know my gift can’t see past them, I’m blind when it comes to them.’ I then relaxed a bit and said, ‘Sorry about that, you know how long I’ve been waiting for her.’

            Edward then said, ‘We know, that’s why you should be the one to explain since you have some kind of special connection to her.’ I became tense and gave him a glare, what the hell are you saying!? I can’t tell her now. Things will be complicated and you know that. He then said, ‘It’s the only way Jasper. She needs to know-’ he was then cut off by Ella and said to us, ‘She is currently in front of you. She needs to know what is going on, right now.’ Anger seeped in every word she said and suddenly calmed down by the help of the mood trick of mine.

            She seemed confused yet somehow relaxed then she looked at me and everything doesn’t matter anymore, as if the world is no longer the center of the universe, that gravity is not the one pulling me closer to the earth, that Ella is my whole world, the only person matters to me. My mate. My one and only.

            ‘Maybe I should tell her, I am the one that drag her into this. This is my fault and I should be the one to explain what’s happening.’ Bella said to all of us. I hesitated but we all agreed since she is her sister and probably she would listen to her most likely than me. ‘Hey Ells, let’s go upstairs so that I can tell you what’s going on. So that you’d understand what’s happening for the past 2 years.’ Bella said to her and both quickly went upstairs without hesitation.

            ‘I should be the one explaining to her, not Bella.’ I said harshly at Edward. ‘Look, Bella should first be the one to tell and explain to her what happened. She will tell about our side but not the whole truth for her to be more endangered, and she won’t tell yours because it’s not her place to tell. That is your choice to make and Bella knows that, we all know that.’ Edward said to me. I just gave him a blank look but nod at him with appreciation.

            It has been almost 3 hours and I keep on pacing back and forth at the living room in which Alice and Rosalie are reading a magazine, while Edward and Emmett are watching a baseball game. Hold on a minute, Edward did Bella called their dad on why Bella and Ella are staying with us for the night? He then turned to me and said, ‘Yes, before she explained her side of the story.’ I nodded at him and then sat on a chair.

            I’m going to tell her one step at a time so that the information that Bella told her would sink in. I don’t want to put a lot of baggage, especially mine because of my past. Edward then said, ‘Don’t worry Jasper. She will understand you just like Bella did. I know this because they are more alike not just their appearance.’ I gave him a weak smile and went to my room and just drown by the music until she’s ready to hear my side of the story.