Woke Up The Wrong Way

Chapter 7

Ella’s POV

            Running as far away as possible, not even daring myself to stop to take a breather because of fear, fear for my life and the lives of the people I love. The forest may seem to be a good place to be in daylight but the unknown at night knowing that there are some things out there can end your life in a second.

            I stopped at the back of a tree and catch my breath looking behind my shoulders to see if someone saw me, the feeling of someone watching you is still there and I once again ran. ‘Pretty girl, where do you think you’re going? I’m not yet done with you, the sweet smell of your blood is what I want.’ a red-head girl said to me, she seems familiar and then it clicked, she’s Victoria. Bella warned me about her, she was the mate of James. I then backed up a bit but tripped because of a root.

            ‘Silly human, you can run but you can’t keep on running from me. I will find you wherever you are. You’re a bonus for me because you’re Bella’s sister. How tragic will be if she finds out that your dead? Maybe she’ll never find out, what do you think human?’ she gave me a sinister smile and giving me an evil eye. Suddenly she crouched at me and …

            I suddenly woke up hyperventilating. It’s just a dream but not a wonderful but a nightmare not like the ones I dream about. I frantically am looking for Bella, dad, mom and Phil- fearing for their lives. Where are they? Why is it so dark in here? What if she turned up in the dark? Where is my family? Dear Lord, I hope they are safe.

            I then called out loud with fear and worry, ‘Bella! Bella, where are you?’ I then stood up briskly and searched for the switch. I can’t breathe, where is she? Is she safe? ‘Bella! Bella!’ I began to run to the door and screamed louder but then the door opened and someone switched on the light. I screamed then and there but soon realized who that person was, ‘Hey, hey. It’s me, Bella. I’m here. Do you want to talk about it?’ her voice, calm and reassuring instantly calmed my erratic heart. I shook my head and tried to erase the nightmare I just had but with my luck, I’m sure I’ll never forget that.

            Hugging me tightly and placing a chaste kiss on my hair. I hugged her back with a bit of force and told her, ‘Do not ever, I mean ever leave me. Okay? Promise me.’ I demanded from her and she gave me a reassuring yes and told me, ‘Come, and let’s go downstairs. You woke up quite early and since all of them are awake, Esme is currently making us our breakfast.’ I then looked at her and asked, ‘What do you mean they’re all awake? Did I wake them up? I’m really sorry.’ She then reminded me, ‘You forgot that they don’t sleep at all.’ I nod weakly and gave her a weak smile.

            ‘Let me change my clothes first and meet Edward’s family. Do I have anything to wear?’ I asked her then she told me, ‘Alice took the liberty to get our clothes at our house while you were sleeping. Your clothes are inside the bathroom just come downstairs and I’ll be waiting for you there.’ I gave her a nod and entered the bathroom.

            I then looked myself at the mirror. My tanned skin is now pale just like Bella. I look horrible and look sick. There are bags under my eyes, like I was deprived from my sleep for so many days. My eyes are bloodshot from crying last night. All in all, I look like hell and Satan would be proud of me. With a sigh escaping from my lips, I then undressed my clothes and took a shower where the warm water instantly relaxes my tense muscle. After 15 minutes, I rinsed and washed my body and hair.

            I saw my clothes near the sink and quickly put it on and stood in front of the mirror and told myself everything is going to be alright. You can do this, its part of life that I can overcome as long as my family is by my side. Don’t be a weakling and fight the fear, the pain and sufferings and just go on with life. You can do this! I then mentally patted myself on the back and opened the door and head downstairs.