ribs

Astoria was pregnant now. She was about 6 months by now. Draco and her had talked about how they would raise the baby. They chose to make sure the baby would not discriminate others. That it would love all. Astoria adored her baby already.

Astoria and Draco were sleeping early in the morning and she woke up from the baby. She suddenly felt sick and went to the toilet and threw up. She couldn't keep it in her system. The baby was giving her morning sickness more than she expected.

Astoria started crying, her head against the toilet lid. Draco walked in and saw his wife crying. "Sweetie," he bent down on the ground and rubbed her back. "It's alright, baby. It's alright, it's alright." He said. She shook her head. 

"I hate this! I-I hate this bloody morning sickness and I hate having to go to the hospital every 3 days to check up on the baby and I hate how fat I am and I can't stand it." She wrapped her arms around his neck and cried in his chest.

He rubbed her back and kissed her head. "I have an answer for all of those. For one, that's normal when you're pregnant. It's healthy too. Two, they're just making sure everything is all right. The baby is doing alright and they need to make sure it keeps it that way. Three, you aren't fat. My love, you're pregnant. You're carrying a baby. A baby who loves you. So much. And your stomach is absolutely adorable when it's like this. In its perfectly round shape, knowing it moves around. I can't feel it but you do." Draco said rubbing her baby belly softly. He kissed her lips, then her stomach, "I love you, Astoria." He said smiling. 

"I love you too."

The next day came and Draco was let out early. He came home to Astoria with a baby book by her side, but she was reading a book to her baby as she rubbed her stomach. Draco smiled at her. "Its eight at night. Shouldn't you be at work?" She said to him. He smiled. 

"Not tonight." He said smiling. He went into the kitchen to get her something to drink, then suddenly she called his name in a worried voice. He rushed her way. "Are you alright?" He asked her worriedly. 

"I-I felt something crack and there was a small noise! D-Draco I think the baby just broke one of my ribs!" She said in a scared voice. He picked her up as she put her hand on her stomach.

They rushed her into a room and she was put in a bed. She slept for a long while and soon woke up. "Draco?" She looked around the room and saw him next to her. She smiled. "There's that handsome man." She said smiling. She looked at her stomach and back at Draco. 

"Is the baby alright?" She asked him. She nodded. 

"The baby is OK." He said nodding. 

"What did they do with my ribs?" She asked rubbing her stomach.

Draco sighed quietly. "They couldn't fix it as easily because you're pregnant, but they did fix it. You'll definitely know that one was broken though." He said to his wife.

"Draco?" She said to him. "I know that you want it just the two of us. And I know it. I want it too. But I think that if you know the baby, you'll want all three of us." He kissed her cheek. 

"I want all of us. You, me, and this baby." He kissed her stomach lightly and she smiled. 

"Will you talk to your baby?" She asked him. He smiled and looked at her stomach.

"Hi, baby. This is your daddy. I love you. I and mummy love you more than anyone in the world. We won't let anything happen to you. Daddy will always be there when mummy can't, or when you need me. You are the most precious thing to me. I haven't met you yet, but I already love you so much." Astoria had a tear fall down her face.

"You'll be a perfect father, Draco. I know it." He smiled. He eyed her and then looked back at her stomach.

"Mummy is a hero. Did you know that? Daddy was in a dark place, but mummy saved him. Mummy is amazing. You will love her more than anyone else. Mummy is perfect. Very perfect.

"When mummy wakes up early morning due to morning sickness, she throws up to make sure it doesn't affect you. And now she's in a hospital bed. You broke her rib, but she forgave you. She already did. She loves you so much."

The healer walked in. "We were going to take a look tomorrow but since you're here today we have the chance. Would you like to find out the sex?" He asked. 

"A-Absolutely," Draco said. Astoria rubbed her stomach.

The healer put the muggle monitor on her stomach and the baby appeared on the screen. The baby was larger than the last time they had checked at 5 months. "What am I having?" She asked impatiently. 

"It looks like you're having a boy." He said smiling at the couple.

Astoria put her hands over her mouth and a tear of happiness fell from her face. She loved knowing she was having a son.

Draco smiled widely. "A-A boy?" He asked. The healer nodded. 

"Yes. A baby boy due December fourteenth. The average witch takes only 7 hours of labor, but some of the nurses and I think Astoria will take 8 hours." He smiled. 

"8 hours? That's a lot." Astoria said worriedly. 

"For muggles, the average is 13." The healer said to her.

"Would you like to hear your sons heartbeat?" The healer asked. Astoria nodded. The heartbeat began and they could hear it thumping. "He has a very healthy heartbeat." The healer said smiling. Astoria smiled. 

"It's perfect."

She looked over to Draco and saw a tear on his cheek. She smiled at her husband. "You're having a son." She said rubbing his arm. He nodded while smiling. 

"I know." He said. He saw the baby's hands barely move. He smiled at it, and nothing could break the smile. She was holding his hand and he knew he wanted her to. 

"There's your son." Another tear fell from his eye as he looked at the baby and heard his heart beating.

"Will he have a blood disorder?" Astoria asked the healer.  

"Those are very rare to have. The chances are a bit higher due to you having one, but so far it doesn't seem like he'll have one. When he's born we'll make sure." Astoria smiled. "If he does not have a blood disorder he may still be different than most wizards." He said. 

"What do you mean?" She asked worriedly. Draco wasn't paying attention at all. He was still looking at the ultrasound and paying very close attention to the heartbeat. his eyes were fixed on the screen, seeing his baby and knowing it was a boy.

"Due to your disorder, your son may be able to do magic others can't, because his mother does. It's rare but a possibility. Possibly like you-know-who. That kind of magic." The healer told her. 

"Is that bad or good?" She asked. 

"It all depends on what he does." He said. She looked at Draco, staring at the monitor. She looked back at the healer.

"What will having a baby do to my disorder?" She asked. 

"A few things possibly. Your blood isn't technically meant to have children, but you are having one. We have discovered that it will shorten your life." Astoria was shaking at the last part. She looked back at the baby and heard his heart thumping. "He'll be worth it." She said to them.

They went back home and Draco knew what they were talking about. "So he'll be able to do things other people can't?" He asked her. 

"You're the healer. You should know." He nodded. 

"The disorder is rare. It's less than 4% of witches and wizards have it." He said. She nodded. 

"I know." She said sighing.

"Draco you heard what the healer told us. My labor is riskier than most witches." She said worriedly. 

"I know my love." He said kissing her forehead.