A Good day

"He's coming up on the west side of the building you're in." Mochi alerts you. Looking over, you toss a grenade in the doorway. Another player appears just as it explodes, killing the other instantly.

"Bam. Got em." You smirk before rushing out quickly, checking over at the tower he was at.

"Found the trio. Three buildings ahead of you, second floor." He says. You snicker, pulling out more grenades and sneaking to the indicated building, tossing them into the windows. You smirk as you see 'triple kill!' on your screen immediately after the explosion.

"Hehe, got em." You giggle, quickly falling back.

"Nice. I got their spawns in sight." He rumbles and you pull out your hatchets.

"I love trolling. Where are they?"

"One is charging, otherside of the building to your right." He informs. You swiftly turn, throwing the hatchet into the air. "... Wow. Head shot." He hums before it shows up on your screen.

"Ahh! I have the best luck today!" You gasp, bouncing excitedly before you're killed by a headshot. "... Damn..." You breathe.

"Heh, you were dancing werent you?" Mochi guesses.

"That has never worked before, of course I was dancing." You scoff, making him laugh lightly.

"___, dinner." Your mom's call sounds over your headgear.

"Oh, time to check in, same time tomorrow?" You hum to Mochi.

"Maybe not. I have to start packing tonight." He reminds you.

"Oh right, the move... Well, I'll be waiting for you," You smile a bit.

"Alright, I'll try to hurry back."

You look around the courtyard, though you were surrounded by friends you felt alone, not really included in the conversations nor intrigued by them. Maybe it was your fault that they ignored you...

"Who's that?" Jewelry hums, leaning on you and eating a pack of cookies. You blink, glancing at her before following her gaze to a new student.

"Wow... He looks... Cool..." You breathe.

"Mm, seems the type to hang around Eust-Ass though." She looks to the redhead and his trouble making group.

"Or a loner, like Ice-Prince." You nod to a raven haired guy listening to music and sitting alone as he writes in a journal.

"Another loner would be nice..." She hums as the bell rings. You sigh quietly, and she pats your back before you both head to class.

"Katakuri Charlotte, you may sit on the otherside of ___." The teacher points to you and you glance up at the new guy before trying to focus on your work again.

"Hey, ___," Kid whispers to you, drawing your attention. "Did we have homework for our next period?" He asks. You blink a few times.

"Shit..." You breathe, taking it out. "I got half done."

"Alright," He moves his desk closer. "Here's my answers for this, let me see what you have." He hums. You nod and you start to finish the other paper. Kid was alright, in small doses like this, when he wasn't around his friends. You finish your current sheet before focusing on the homework.

"The rest of this is easy." You murmur.

"How...?" He mutters. You glance at him.

"You can understand cars but not the human body? It's kinda similar if you think about it." You murmur trying to help him understand it. After a bit, he starts chuckling lightly, making you glance at him.

"That is simple... I'm dumb..." He whispers. You smile a bit.

"Nah, everyone has different strengths, maybe next time you can help me understand cars a bit better." You hum jokingly.

"Maybe," He breathes before moving his desk back. "Thanks." He adds. You just nod before glancing over at Katakuri, you catch his gaze and pause, offering an awkward smile.

You hum a bit, watching the screen come to life as you adjust your headset. "Lets see if Mochi is online..." You mutter checking your contacts.

You pause, getting a message from DeathShadow. 'I need a partner in Wide Horizons, you game?'

Checking for other messages briefly you feel a smile come to your lips. 'My favorite, I'm game.' You send back before you turn the game on, receiving an invite soon after from him. You spawn together and you pause, blinking at his character.

"You just started..?" You hum in surprise.

"Yeah, was just now able to buy it after getting the set up for World of D." A smooth and calm voice replies. You shift in your seat, swallowing slightly.

"That's understandable then..." You glance to the virtual headset for World of D. "That was like handing over an arm to pay for." You sigh.

"Yeah it was, lets hope it's worth it." He agrees.

"So, you need help getting to know this game?" You guess.

"Yep... How do I..." He trails off and you're suddenly punched. "...Oops..."

"That's fine, only took five health." You smile in amusement.

"Good." He breathes.

"Oh, have an idea, we can build up your stealth a bit before starting on the story line, it'll increase your handling abilities too." You hum.

"Really? How do we do that?" He inquires lightly. You smirk a bit, he really was a beginner here.

"Crouch and strike at my back, I can heal myself so it should be fine." You instruct.

After his level raises a bit, you lead him to the start of the storyline. There, you had to escort a merchant wagon through a large forest. "So when does it get interesting?" He asks.

"Right about..." The screen starts to shake. "Now."

"What-" He is cut off as a dark cloud obscures everything around you both and soon it all fades to black.