Stalker

When the darkness passes, you look at the wagon in ruin and the merchant dead. It was a gruesome scene to look at.

"Wasn't expecting that..." He mutters and the sound of hooves makes you look around.

"Time to run," You tell him, getting up and running into the forest. He runs beside you, looking back often.

"Who is it?" He asks.

"Just the pompous snarky head of the Guards." You respond but you both suddenly stop at a cliff. "Damn, I thought we could avoid the dungeon..." You mutter.

The pounding hooves come to a stop behind you both and you look back.

"You there! What have you done? Scoundrel!" The Head of the Guards booms.

"No matter what I say, we end up in jail don't we?" DeathShadow grumbles.

"Yep." You hum, deciding to turn yourself in.

Now you stood in the dungeon, pouting lightly. "Damn, I hate losing my gear." You mutter. Your partner was already searching for a way to escape. He was pretty quick about it, finding the lockpick and opening the door. "Our stuff should be in the closest chest." You tell him, following him out.

"Found it." He breathes opening it and going through it to get his things first. You do the same after him, pausing briefly.

"Hey, this enchanted sword isnt mine." You tell him, getting out of the chest so he can grab it.

"Alright, now lets see..." He goes past after retrieving the sword and going into the first room on the right. You smirk a bit as the sound of howls sound, soon being cut off. He comes back out to look at you. "... Really?" He huffs.

"More experience for you." You hum simply.

"You smirked when I went in there didn't you?" He sighs.

"Yes I did. So, ready to see what's behind door number two?"

"Do I want to?" He hums.

"It may be the way out." You respond. He goes to open the door at that, triggering an awkward cut scene. You scratch your cheek as a maiden only wearing a sheet runs past screaming.

"When I get stronger, my first kill, is going to be you." He says as you both hear guards coming. You calmly walk over to a wardrobe push it to the side to reveal a passageway.

"You wanna fight or do you want to get out of here?" You respond easily.

"I want to shot you less now..." He admits, going past.

"I'm glad you're coming around." You chuckle lightly as you both follow the passage underground.

"How did you even find this?" He questions.

"They spawn in the hallway and push you back into the room, and one knocks over the wardrobe during the fight... I died like twice on my first time through." You breathe.

"Sounds like a pain in the ass." He mutters.

"It was... Oh, thanks for the axe in Gold Fables." You hum.

"Don't mention it, I felt ridiculous carrying around a cute kitty pink axe..." He says.

"Hehe definitely would've clashed with your looks." You giggle.