Full Release

You blink at the message feeling your heart skip a beat. "It came out today..." You whisper in amazement, swiftly messaging your friends on the console before grabbing the headset and powering it on.

The letters light up before you. Keep character?

"Yes please." You respond, bouncing slightly with excitement as the world renders around you. The town was much bigger now, the layout remained familiar though. You move around the town, going through your screens. In your inbox sat a gift from the admin. You swallow and open it to obtain a pair of black assassin daggers. A skull sat on their hilts and along the black blade was a blue material like steel. You inspect the blades in awe.

"There you are DayDream." Mochi's voice snaps you back and you look back at him, swiftly equipping your blades.

"Mochi!" You chime hugging him.

"Heh... I lost track of the days and forgot it came out today." He comments, hugging you back.

"Me too." You smile before looking around. You had been spending so much time with Katakuri you didn't even notice. "I wonder if he's here..." Your eyes narrow slightly. You had asked him to friend you on the console, but he avoided the subject. 'Maybe they are...' You glance back at Mochi as he tilts his head curiously.

"If who's here?" He asks.

"DeathShadow." You hum moving on. You soon spot him and Killbot. The redhead spots you, offering a wave. "Hey guys." You greet as you reach them.

"Hey Daydream." DeathShadow waves.

"Did you guys see they already put us in a group together?" Killbot inquires. You blink and check it.

"Huh... Odd." You murmur straightening up. "That okay with you guys?"

"Yeah." Mochi breathes.

"If most of these missions require teams then we'll have to deal with it- Not that I mind." DeathShadow comments.

"When you put it like that there's not much choice- not that I mind either." Killbot sends you a wink.

"Says theres a mandatory meeting at all town squares in an hour." Mochi speaks up, pointing at the sky. You look up at the message and timer in the sky.

"Think we can do some farming in the meantime? Get ahead of the curve." You peer toward the edge of the town.

"Lets do it then." Killbot rumbles.

The hour felt really short, but you've managed to reach level ten by the time you were supposed to return to the town square. As before a screen appears above it, and a figure begins his announcement.

"Welcome to World of D. For those of you that came to the early release - welcome back! Now, lets begin the introduction. This World around you now is not the only platform. There are many that you can unlock and explore. Many quests will present themselves to if you come in range, but your main goal will be these." He holds up an artifact. "These are very important. Especially if you wish to leave this world."

"What...?" You breathe as the others straighten.

"That's right. These are your ticket back home. You only have to collect one, they'll be given after any ranked mission." He nods. "But make sure you survive, there's been a problem with these death simulations. Some dont come back... So if you die in this game. You may die in real life."