Chapter 4

Avalon
Saturday Morning

Yesterday was probably one of the most exciting days of my life. I got the lead actress role in a musical and my first kiss from Chance Corwin. I'm twenty-eight years old and proud to say I've never been kissed, before Chance. I've always been waiting for my Prince Charming. He is that and more.

I hardly slept, thinking about him. How can we make us work? I know his mother will not allow him to date me, if she has any say in the matter. His father must have given him a hard time after I left his office.

I wonder if he will still call me today, to go out and celebrate?

My cellphone disrupted my thoughts. "Good morning, Chance. I'm happy to be off from work today."

"Well, that's perfect for my plans. I happen to have two orchestra seats for Hamilton the Musical at the Richard Rodgers Theater. It's for the 2 o'clock matinee, if you'd like to go?" He questioned teasingly. Who doesn't want to see Hamilton? It's the most popular play on Broadway. It's hard to get tickets.

"Yes, I would love to go." I squealed. "I have been waiting to see that show for a long time. Thank you so much." I was thrilled to go see Hamilton, and even more so with Chance.

"Okay great. We can grab dinner in the Theater District afterwards. This is your celebration day. Text me your address and I'll pick you up." He sounded excited by my reaction.

"You have a car? I know that's a silly question, but I've never seen you drive." I felt ridiculous for asking. I haven't known him long enough to see what transportation he uses.

"I own a car, but I also use public transportation. It's more convenient than driving in the city. Since it's Saturday, I don't mind driving. I'll see you at 12 noon. We'll have time to get there and park." He always has his accounting brain calculating everything.

I can't believe he actually called and where he is taking me for a date. I could never afford a ticket if I saved for a whole year. Is this really happening? Someone pinch me.

It was a brisk autumn day. I got dressed in a pair of jeans,with a pretty camel colored sweater. The sweater had a fur collar and was perfect for the chilly weather. I kept my hair loose, and did a quick make up job. Chance will be here any minute.

I wanted to look and feel extra pretty on my celebration day.

He pulled up in front of my apartment building on time. He parked his silver Bentley out front. Now, I really felt brainless for asking if he had a car. He definitely has a car. . . I should have known. He got out and had on jeans, a collard button down shirt and a suede jacket. I loved his casual look.

I met him in the lobby. "You look gorgeous." He looked at me as he opened my car door. It was nice to see such chivalry.

"Thank you and you look amazing as always. Your Bentley is jaw dropping. I feel so foolish for even asking if you had a car." I shook my head in disbelief at myself.

"Thank you. It's okay, how would you know I had a car?" He gave the most breathtaking smile while getting in. He punched the theater address in his GPS, and we were on our way.

This is going to be the best day ever.

We sat in traffic. . . it was good that we left early. We had to find a parking garage near the theater. We found one, and had plenty of time to get in the theater. My jaw dropped when I saw the amazing seats Chance got us. I was thankful to him for being so generous and thoughtful.