Chapter 1

It's weird how an hour in a classroom can feel like a lifetime. The droning sound of the teachers voice rambling about some bullshit end of the year project and the intimidating sound of the clock ticking; mocking us as if it knows that we're trapped. We're trapped in our own boredom. Well, the days were almost repetitive for Alex. He'd wake up and get ready for school using his very loose schedule. He'd pair his t-shirt with basketball shorts and tennis shoes and be on his way. This look suited him, he was very athletic, and actually part of the high school soccer team. Since he wasn't the only Alex on the team, they settled on calling him by his last name, Aldape.
  Alex led a pretty relaxed life. He did most of his work and bummed the rest off of friends but always made sure it didn't go unnoticed. One time he even let a girl pluck his unibrow, the one he is known for, during class after a year's worth of help. Since it was near the end of school, he couldn't really care less and didn't mind a clean up on his looks. After an intense session and about two class periods, the brow was gone. It underwent mitosis and became two brows of their own fashion.
  The change was really only a joke. His teammates would pass him in the halls and instead of saying, "Power of the Brow," they changed it to "Brows."
  Many of the people who knew him were very fond of the new change whereas others hated it and felt safe only with the monetary brow.
   Alex made it very clear that the brow would be back next season. Little did he know, he depended on it.