Goodbye?

"So! Did you see his both his quirks? Did you kiss? Did you..."

Kio leaned in, her face plastered with mischief, "did you dooooo 'it'"

Your face became as red as a strawberry from her lewd question. "N-no! We just..."

You thought back to the night, remembering his warm hand. All night he held your hand, not a moment did the cold nip at you because of how warm he was.

"We held hands. And I recall feeling warm."

Kio clapped her hands excitedly, squealing in the process. Her eyes eyes suddenly widened when she looked behind you to see Shoto walk in your cafe.

"Hehehe, your mans here~"

She winked at you before heading to the back of the Cafe, to leave the two of you alone. Because you had barely open, no one was coming in just yet. Which meant you and shoto would be alone momentarily.

You watched, with your heart beating faster out of nervousness, as he scanned the cafe before landing his eyes on you. A smile spread across his face.

"(Name)!"

He walked up to the counter where you met him.

"Shoto, you came early today!"

"Hm..I wanted to see you. Also, I forgot to ask for your phone number. I'm sorry."

He reached into his pocket, pulling out a piece of paper and a pen. He handed it you, "oh, may I have your phone number?"

You giggled at how proper he was being just to get your phone number. You obliged to his request and enscribed your personal digits on the paper, handing it back to him afterwards.

At that moment, you wanted to ask him if he were busy after work, maybe you'd take him to eat dinner this time. However, before you could request a bit of his time later on, his cell phone rang loudly somewhere in his pockets.

Shoto immediately pulled out his phone, answering it as soon as he had it out.

"Shoto speaking."

Whoever was speaking to him must have beared bad news, by the way his eyebrows furrowed worriedly and as his overall demeanor changing from his calm, gentle expression, to a concerned one.

"I see...I'll be there soon."

Shoto tucked his phone back into his pocket, moving his gaze back to you.

"Sorry, but it seems I have business I need to take care of. I'll call you later okay?"

"Ah it's fine! Be safe."

Shoto nodded his head, he pivoted his foot and headed towards the door, before he left he turned around once more to wave goodbye to you. The expression on his face was a bit sad, perhaps becaue he had to leave, but this was the duty of a hero.

You sadly watched as he dissapear out of site, wanting nothing more but for him to turn around and say "never mind I can stay!"

But reality hit you in the face as two customers walked in together, urging you to start working.

Shoto was quick to head back to his office, where his fellow hero awaited him.

"Deku" Shoto called out to him as he walked closer to the older green haired man.

Izuku whipped around to see his friend gaze at him with his usual, scary yet serious demeanor.

"Whoa there, what's with the face? And call me Izuku when we are alone Shoto!"

Izuku patted Shotos back, his way of welcoming him.

"It's good to see you friend. I have a job for you. One that only you can do."

Izuku led Shoto to a room where multiple people sat behind screens typing away. One of them stood immediately to greet the heroes.

"Deku, Shoto, it's nice to see you both."

Both the men nodded their heads in argument, Izuku was the first to speak. "Please show Shoto what you found."

It was the mans turn to lead Shoto and Izuku to an upper level of the room, where a giant digital map displayed areas of all over. From Asia to Europe, to even the western side of the world.

But everything was normal, yes. The world was at peace, not a single red flag to warn. However,

"This area suddenly had reports of disruption. It seems someone, or something, has been wreaking havoc and the people are scared. The area has been evacuated, but it seems every hero we send is just not coming back."

"How do I fit into this picture?" Shoto inquired.

"You fit in this picture because of your quirk, Shoto." Izuku pulled out multiple pictures of one hero, who had appeared to be half frozen.

"One hero somehow made it back, but half frozen at that. They managed to save him but still. We suspect that the culprit has an ice related quirk. You have fire and ice, therefore you would be perfect for this job."

"Shoto stared at the photo intensely, taking in the mans face that was filled with agony. Shoto imagined, if a man with a quirk could only make it half way back, then, imagine the damage that would be done to someone without a quirk.

The first person that popped into his mind was you.

"I'll accept the mission."

"Oh? Great then!!"

Izuku clapped his hands once, smiling a little bit apologetically, "we leave in an hour."

Shotos eyes widened in shock, "in an hour?"

The two men in front of Shoto nodded their heads in unison. "Please head home to pack anything that you will need. This place is far, and we will be there for a while."

After sharing the details of where they'd meet and at what time, Shoto headed home to grab his necessities. As he finished, he double checked if he had everything. He patted himself to make sure he had his house keys, but paused when he heard something crinkle in his pocket.

He slipped his hand into his pocket to feel a piece of paper; numbers were neatly written on it.

"(Name)." He whispered. Shoto had forgotten he asked for you number. He didn't even call you or text you after all this time.

The last thing he wanted was for you to think he was ignoring you.

He pulled out his cell phone and dialed your number; unfortunately you didn't pick up but he figured it was because you were working. Instead, he left a voice message informing you about his current situation. He couldn't tell you anymore details, as this mission was top secret.

That was that. He turned off his cell phone and left it home. His heart clenched at the fact that he couldn't see you for a while.

He knew he should have kissed you that night.