Side Story (3): Painful pasts

One day...

"(Name), I'd like you to meet my mom tomorrow."

"R-really?"

Shōto watched as your eyes shot up to meet his, your face was a mixture of different emotions. Confusion, anxiety, shock...

He held his hand out to brush off a leaf that had fallen onto your head. "Yes, I often speak to her about you. I promised her the next time I visit I would bring you along. Well, how about it?"

His hand fell down onto yours, where he lightly squeezed it. Your gaze moved from his beautiful heterochromia eyes to the view straight ahead of you.

"Shōto, I realized I never asked you what type of person your mom is. Actually, this might be the first time you spoke of her."

"You never asked."

"That's because I didn't want to inconvenience you...or seem too nosy."

"Then...shall I tell you, about my childhood? About my mother and father?" A small, seemingly sad smile appeared on his face as his tilted his head to one side and glanced at you.

At this point your eyes were peering straight into his. There was something different about them. It was like the topic of his family was something that took away the light from them.

"Shōto...you don't have too. If the subject makes you uncomfortable, then I'll wait until you really want to..." you scooted closer to him, grasping his hand into yours affectionately. He squeezed back, laughing a bit bitterly whilst shaking his head.

"I'm fine. I want us to be open with each other."

"The truth is, when I was younger I didn't have a normal childhood. My father, Endeavor, was quite brutal. When I hit a certain age, he made me train everyday. There were days I would puke from how extreme his practices were. It hurt. I remember my mother would try to protect me, only to be hurt by my father."

"One day, she couldn't take the abuse anymore and...she poured hot water on my face."

Your eyes widened at his last statement. Your heart tightened as you watched him painfully close his eyes briefly, then fluttering them open again he continued

"The scar is a bit lighter now, but that's why this half of my face looks the way it does."

You never really paid attention much to Shōtos scar until now. In fact, that was the last thing that you noticed about him.

"Well now me and my mother have moved past that and made up. I've moved on, thanks to—"

"Shōto..." your arms quickly wrapped around his neck, he grunted from the impact of your body on his.

"(N-Name)?" His face went beet red as his hands rested on your back cautiously. You held onto him for almost a good 5-seconds, until he got the point and wrapped his arms around your tightly as well. 

Your hands rested on his shoulders as you pulled back to make eye contact him once more.

"Sorry, I don't mean to be dramatic but...if you ever feel sad or-or as if I am not giving you enough attention please let me know immediately that way, I can change!"

"(Name), why are you saying this?"

"Because you are a precious person who deserves love Shōto...As I said to you before, I might not give you the attention you deserve all the time. If I happened to push you away at times, then-then, let me know! Shoto, I want you to be happy!"

The light in Shotos eyes returned as a wide, rare smile appeared on his face. He gently cupped your face and kissed you in the most caring way possible.

"I am happy with you. I don't want you to change either, because there is nothing wrong with the current you. In fact, don't ever change."

There was a small moment of silence as the two of you gazed into each others eyes. Eventually you rested your forehead on his shoulder and remained there quietly.

"(Name), is something wrong?" Shoto questioned your silence.

In a small, yet clear voice you mumbled:

"I'm just really embarrassed I said all those things. Ahh I was trying to act cool. B-but I really meant all those things!"

"I know you did."  He kissed the side of your head; the two of you embraced for a while until the loud sound of your stomach interrupted the moment.

"Can we have (insert food) for dinner?"

A/N: I'm so angry right now I was almost kicked out of the University I'm studying abroad in. One of the staff people is the most unhelpful person ever!!