Chapter 1

*Jack*

I straightened my black tie and fixed my black suit, standing in the mirror.
I was finally taking Ella out.

After watching her from the day I wrote her that letter warning her about Greg, up until now.
I don't know how anyone would put it, but is that called stalking?

I was obsessed with her.

I watched her.

I watched her through her bedroom window every time the curtains were open.
I followed her several times, like when Josh took her out late at night to shop.
Especially when he left her to sleep on the streets that one night, I finally got to watch her sleep from metres away.

I wanted her and I had absolutely no fucking idea why.

But God I was obsessed.

Ella's bedroom door opened and I turned around.
There, she stood in a white, body-fitted dress that exposed her curves and ended just below her knees. Matched with white simple heels and a matching purse.
Her hair naturally wavy below her shoulders with a tad of natural make up.

Maybe that's why I wanted her.
She was fucking beautiful.

"A white feeling?" I raised an eyebrow.

Ella smiled "I think"

"You look beautiful"

Her smile reached her eyes "As of you, you look handsome" she winked.

I let out a hand and she took it, as I showed the way out of the penthouse and towards the elevator.

"What's that?" Ella asked.

"Huh?"

She raised a hand and dusted my chest. "That"

"Oh" I dusted myself as she moved her hand away.
Just the cocaine I tested for my boss before I got here. "I have no idea...new suit" I smirked.

"Right" she smiled, entering the elevator beside me.

I wonder if she would still mind me around if she found out for the past year or so I've been working for the loco mafia gang as of working as a waiter. I don't play a major role, just one of the important guards there.
I'll think about telling her some time soon.

**

We sat at one of the luxury restaurant and ordered. As we waited for our orders, I popped open a champagne bottle and poured each of us a cup.

As I handed her a cup, I couldn't help but scan her upper body. Those lightly seen scars, were impossible to see from a distance but were still visible enough.

"Tell me, Ella"

Ella took a sip from her cup "Tell you what?"

"Anything" I shrugged, sipping from my own cup. "I enjoy listening to your voice"

She giggled, that giggle that made her ten times more attractive.
"You tell me, Jack"

"Tell you what, Ella" I leaned back in my seat.

"How do you think of it, being boss in the kitchen" she asked about my promotion.