Epilogue

*Josh*

"Slow down, Rose" I smirked, watching her tiny legs jog through the flower garden. "Rose!" I called once more.

She ignored me, running past numerous plants and giggling her way through the garden.
At first I thought she was feisty, dedicated and stubborn, just like...well...her father.
Let's just say she had my eyes and her mothers heart and pale skin. She also had those cheeks that her and her mother shared, as well as that tiny curled nose and plump lips.

A fairytale, finally a reality.

"Josh" That sweet, sweet voice called.

"My soul" I replied, answering her call.

"Be careful with Rose, please" Ella sighed with a weak smile as she set up the picnic mat. "I'm going inside to grab a few more things, please-"

"I got her" I stopped her, "She's safe"

Ella nodded and entered the house.

I jogged towards Rose and grabbed her, lifting her up and into the air. Her soft giggle echoed the garden as she leaned forward and placed her head onto my shoulder.

When Rose rested within my arms with her head against my shoulder as she sucked her finger, it gave me a beating heart. It was something so precious that I was now scared of death.
The reason I live is now here, that death, hell and the devil are now a constant fear.

"Josh" Ella arrived from behind.

I turned around with Rose in my arms and leaned down, giving Ella a gentle kiss. "Request my heart" I smirked.

Ella loved my cheesy, romantic lines. I never just answered her with a simple yes unless she frustrated me and I need her to know.

"Let's sit" she smiled, walking over to the picnic mat.

"Hey!" Emilys voice was loud.

Nicholas and Emily walked over to us, greeting us with hugs and kissed as Rose and Mickey began their adventure.

Mickey poked Rose and Rose frowned, she looked up at me and I gave her the I'm mad look. Rose shoved Mickey and looked back up at me, checking if my expression changed.

"Thata girl" I smiled, winking.

"I still can't believe Rose is older" Nicholas sighed.

"Mickey wouldn't be able to marry Rose even if he was older" Ella rolled her eyes with a giggle.

"She's only 15 months, which is 3 months older" I suggested.

"Josh" Ella frowned.

"I'm kidding" I chuckled "Mickey and Rose are blood, Nicholas. Just like we came together, that's just mini us now"

Nicolas wasn't determined for our kids to marry each other but he wanted us to stay a family.

"How long left?" Emily asked Ella, as they took a seat onto the mat.

I grabbed Rose and took a seat beside Ella, holding Rose up in-between my legs as she tried to play peek-a-boo.

"A week, I'd say" Ella gulped, anxious.

"It's okay baby" I leaned towards her, giving her a sweet kiss before returning to fiddle with Rose.

"Any ideas for a name?"

Ella smirked my way and I smiled. "Actually we were thinking" I said, "Since Mickey is your only one and your chances aren't too high for another after all those incidents we had..."

Emily kissed Nicolas, comforting each other, knowing that even though it was nearly impossible to have a second, they have Mickey and they're a family.

"We want to name him Nicolas" Ella spoke aloud. "You aren't only loved by Josh, and you are someone I never really had before"

I frowned.

"Relax" Ella chuckled "Nicolas is family"

"Doesn't mean you compliment him in front of me" I kept my frown.

"Whatever" Ella laughed.

I pulled Rose closer and sighed "Mummy wants dad to eliminate all bad, bad things especially his weapons. But Mummy also makes dad want to do bad bad things"

"Josh!" Ella shoved me.

I laughed, giving Rose a few kisses before giving her mother, who just like me, was jealous and affectionate.

"Let's eat" Emily opened the basket and Nicolas grabbed the wine.

It was at that moment that I knew the definition of life. The moment where fear was a feeling and love was stronger then hate. A moment where tiny fingers and little daddy cries gave me goosebumps and hope. I was too scared to screw up and return to the old me, too scared to lose sight of my angels.
I had a reason to live, a reason to change and protect. I have a family with a queen, a princess and an oncoming prince.

Money, fame and power no longer mattered.

Love, protection and loyalty was my priority.

My princess will grow to know what real love is and which one of those are below her standards. I will not raise a princess to count on a man and nor will I raise a princess too spoilt and into fame.
She will grow, struggle and hustle.
Only through pain there is success and pain will teach her more then success ever will.

But through your journey and your brother who is on his way, I promise to protect you, supply you and build you.

You are life, love and heaven.

You are what kept me alive.

I looked over at Ella who giggled and spoke to Emily.
Ella looked at me, noticing me stare, midway through her conversation.

"I love you" I whispered.

Ella smiled "I love you too"

_______________________________

I want to thank you for the years of this journey with Josh and Ella. I want to thank all the love and hate, tears and laughter you shared.

Confession:

When I wrote shelter I was17 hitting onto 18, most of you don't know my age and most of you think I'm well past my teenage years. But no.

Love is too hard to achieve and sex is easy to give.

You don't need to suffer for an ending like this.

Know your worth, your power and abilities.

Live and let live, love and be loved.

Thank you for all the support,
I wish to continue writing and I hope yu continue to support me through other written fairytales.

This isnt my best work im sorry, im not proud of my work honestly. So many errors and mistakes & annoying chapters but i was young & i didnt think i'd blow like that.
11/6/20

Mia x