Chapter 3

From Josh, to Ella.
{Listen to the song ^ Press play!}

*Jack*

"I'm going to work" Ella, said as she fixed her knee high, black skirt.

"Oh" I stood off the lounge room couch, wanting to leave.

"No, it's okay. You can stay, run around like it's your place. Make yourself at home" Ella smiled, gently.

"No, I shouldn't" I took a few steps towards the door.

"Jack" Ella sighed, "It's nothing"

"I mean, I have nothing-"

"Just lock the door once you leave" She grabbed her suitcase and walked over towards the door. "Oh and Jack"

"Yeah?" I answered, standing awkwardly in the middle of the lounge.

"That kiss-"

"Nothing" I answered quickly "Forget it"

She smiled widely "Good"

Even though I wanted it.
"Call me if you need anything"

"You too" she waved, slamming the door once she left.

I sighed, running my fingers through my hair to the back of my neck.
I've approached ladies my entire life, yet I couldn't approach Ella and tell her how I felt.

I walked around awkwardly and nervously like Ella was still around.
I fiddled in the kitchen and had a snack as I toured the entire penthouse.
Once I arrived at her room, I couldn't help myself but enter.

Everything was just so organised. Things were in place, the white and sea blue colour, all just giving you that peaceful vibe.
Her peaceful vibe.

She was slowly growing. All this money, she paid off her studies and sent some back to Nicolas since he had 'given' her some to start off.
She had the penthouse, the car and the job.
Though she never showed more then she deserved.
If she had a million dollars, she'd still purchase the $20 dress from the second hand shop, followed by the words 'What's the difference between a $20 red dress and a $300 res dress with just a logo? Such is life'
That, made Ella, simply Ella.

She didn't care about money, the rich or the luxury life.

I was attracted to her in many ways. Her physical appearance, yet her mind was a bonus.

She was gold, not gold plated.

I ran my fingers along her bedsheets, all I could imagine was her laying there.

Maybe it was just hormones.

As I ran my fingers along her cupboard, the sound of a slammed door echoed.

"Back so soon" I whispered to myself. I smiled, turned around and left her room.
"Maybe I did kiss you because-"
I froze and frowned, expecting Ella.

Josh.

He stood there in his ironed black suit as he closed up his suit jacket with a smirk.
"Jack" he nodded.

"How did you get in?"

"The same you do" Josh cleared his throat "Pretend the door was open but really, we both know Ella keeps a spare key under the flower pot outside"

"How did you know?"

"The same way you did" Josh walked over towards the kitchen. He opened the cupboard just by the fridge and grabbed a wine bottle.
How did he know the alcohol was there?
I watched him walk towards another cupboard and grab a cup.
How on fucking earth does he know where everything is?