CHAPTER ONE

Whitedust was weird. All of the SandWings had confirmed it ever since she moved to the Sand Kingdom.

When Whitedust hatched, no one was there to see her glory. She was all alone.

Her parents, Oryx and Harp, hid her away in some 'Secret Sand Dune'. She was a starving two-day-old dragonet when they first saw her. Though, this was all during the war, so Whitedust doesn't blame her terrible dragonethood on her parents. They protected her, and she thanks them.

Her parents had risked so much for her. Harp had actually given up the highest rank in First Circle to leave the tribe with Oryx, and raise her. They had to live in the sand dune during the war, because none of the queens wanted them.

The night of the 'War of the SandWing Succession', Whitedust snuck out to watch it. It was terrifyingly exciting. She didn't know anything about the SandWing queens, or the snake that can kill, or why the Eye of Onyx blew Blister up, but then it didn't on Thorn.  Whitedust was so confused.

She didn't really care who became queen. As long as the war was over, she was happy. Whitedust had told her parents that Thorn was the new queen of the SandWings, and that Blister and Burn were dead and that Blaze was the only living sister. Harp was pretty mad at Whitedust for leaving the Dune, but Oryx was thankful for the news.

Two days after, Whitedust and her parents went to go see Queen Thorn, and asked for permission to stay at the Kingdom. Of course, Queen Thorn had welcomed them with open arms. Blaze seemed to have forgotten about Oryx leaving. Or she was probably too interested in her new jewels.

Yesterday was strange... Whitedust thought, walking through the Sand Kingdom. I just woke up with the ability to read minds. Is that normal?

The day before, Whitedust had woken up and was able to read the minds of other dragons. Beside her was a mysterious scroll and she has yet to touch it due to the fact that she's terrified to do so. She figured she was dreaming or hallucinating at first, but it was very real. I thought only NightWings read minds... Am I half NightWing? I don't know... What if-

Whitedust's thoughts went away when she stumbled into Qibli, Queen Thorn's bodyguard well, Qibli thought he was her bodyguard. He was just a dragonet that clung on to the queen wanting to protect her when she didn't need the protection.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" Whitedust said. Should I bow (she was still new here, was she supposed to bow)?

Whoa Qibli thought. She's even weirder than everyone said she is. And, kinda dangerously pretty... But still not. I wonder if I know her SandWing parent. Come on Qibli, you're smart, I wonder if I could put up a conversation with her... I'll know more about her. She looks pretty mysterious and hard to read (are  hybrids like that?) Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I wonder if she knows about me.

"It's okay" Qibli said in a friendly voice. "What's your name again?"

Weirddust she thought, but then said out loud, "Whitedust. And yours?" Whitedust knew who was, she just wanted to seem friendly and non-threatening to him to get off his 'Mysterious Dragons' list.

So she doesn't know me, Qibli thought. She looks so different... I wonder where she came from. Get some information about her, Thorn would need it. I wonder if she knows Whitedust's past already. I should ask the queen... No wait, let's just still interrogate her in case Thorn doesn't know. Let's know if she's a threat or not to the queen.

Qibli's brain hurt Whitedust's.

"Qibli." He said, "I have never seen you before. And I practically know every dragon in the Kingdom."