CHAPTER FOUR

Whitedust blinked.

That's all she could do. Blink. Look blankly at the end of her bed. Frozen.

"What in the name of moons was that?" Whitedust asked the air. She never had dreams like that. Most of her dreams were just a repeat of Blister exploding, then other dreams were just a big, bright, beautiful ray of sunshine.

Whitedust half-expected the air to respond to her question: "Oh, Whitedust... It was just a dream, there's nothing to worry about! The world is full of sunshine and rainbows!"

But of course, the wind didn't speak. Even the sand on her bedroom floor didn't move. She just sat there, as if the world around her was stopped forever. It felt like an eternity, but she finally (but granted, slowly) got out of her bed, and opened her window. Whitedust touched her claws on the rim of the warm window. She took a peek outside. Everything was still. No one was to be seen outside in the streets. Just stillness. Whitedust hit her head lightly to make sure she wasn't still dreaming.

Whitedust heard her house's front door open. She saw her mother come in the front yard. Harp looked up at her daughter.

"Hey, Sweetie. I came into your room last night to say goodnight to you, but you were sleeping. When I walked out of the room, I heard you tossing and turning. Is everything alright, Dear?" Harp asked.

"Yeah..." Whitedust trailed, not looking her mother in the eyes, but at her wings instead. She didn't intentionally do this. She was just thinking.

Why would I have such a terrible dream like that? Should I tell Mom or Dad? Would they know what to do? Maybe I should tell Scroll... He'll know what to do... Maybe? I have only "known" him for like, what, a day or two?

Now Harp was worried. She cocked her head "You sure?" She asked.

Whitedust shook her head, getting rid of her own thoughts, but there was no point, because she couldn't listen to her parents' thoughts. Her mind reading powers were so useless. Maybe Whitedust didn't even have mind reading powers. Maybe it was just a one-day thing, and she only had them for twenty-four hours. "Yes," Whitedust answered her mother.

"Well. Alright..." Harp responded. "Come down in a bit please, Dear. I have scorpions and fish for breakfast.

"Yes," Whitedust answered. "Yes, I'll do that." She took her talons off of the window, and backed up ever so slightly with every step she took. She needed Scroll. She needed his answers. Whitedust scrambled more than she should have to get a talesman out from under her bed, but when she got it, she struggled to get to the drawer where the ink was, but she reached in the drawer, and dipped her claw in the ink.

Scroll? She wrote, Are you there? Please be there... Whitedust hoped.

It wasn't even half a minute before the golden rims on the scroll lit up. Whitedust forgot they did that, and she jumped back, then rolled her eyes, hitting her head. "I'm so stupid." She whispered.

I'm always here, Whitedust. Scroll's ink fell.

Scroll. Whitedust wrote frantically, Last night I had the worst dream.

A pause. Well.... Bad dreams are usually called "Nightmares", But I guess "The Worst Dream" would also work too.

SCROLL! It didn't FEEL like a DREAM! Whitedust wrote fast.

Whitedust, Scroll wrote calmly. He always seemed to CALM. Dreams tend to feel real.

But SCROLL, Whitedust wrote, I thought it was a vision, but then I remembered that I couldn't see the future, I don't think that is, but I-