CHAPTER FIVE

Whitedust's eyes widened, but she kept walking. She tried not to jump the moment Barren had thought that. He was probably still looking at her (she sort of sensed it) as she walked. She wondered who he was thinking about.

Wait... what? She thought. No, no, no... It's not Scroll, is it?  "Not MY Scroll." She mumbled aloud.

Whitedust noticed how weird that sounded. To both herself, and to any dragon that might have been walking about. It was early in the morning, but no dragons were in the streets yet. Her ears perked up, and she tripped over her own front legs. "Three Moons..." She said as she was stood up as soon as she fell, hoping no one saw her (even Barren, who was probably already gone). Whitedust shook her head. No, maybe? I must go ask Scroll...

As Whitedust was about to walk back home, she didn't even take three steps before she heard a voice: "Snow!"

Whitedust responded with a moan. She turned toward the noise. It was Oryx. And behind him was Blaze. Each of the dragons' talons hit the ground. One: THUMP. Two: Barely a sound, just the dust of sand particles. That was Blaze alright.

"Meet Q- um.." Oryx glanced over at Blaze. Will she be offended if I call her 'Blaze' and not refer to her as a queen? But then again, Thorn is the queen, not her... And when I came into the throne room, she seemed pretty pleased with how she was living... "Uh, Whitedust, meet Blaze" He flinched and closed his eyes. Whitedust had never seen her father conceal in fear before. He was always her role-model, the dragon she looked up to, the dragon she knew who never feared anything. But though, his face looked as though Blaze was going to turn around and slap him in the face right then and there.

But his mind's thoughts were different: She won't do anything. I know. Queen Blaze isn't like that. She's never hit me or any other soldier. And I am almost positive that she forgives me because I am probably still the best fighter in this kingdom... Right? Thorn didn't ask me to become a soldier again, wait, there's no war, that's why...

Well, Blaze thought, This is the little dragon that Oryx risked his life for? Huh, what a cute, odd looking dragon. Kind of pretty. She cocked her head at Whitedust, but not nearly as pretty as me. That was all Whitedust got from Blaze's mind. There wasn't that much going on in there.

Whitedust tried not to flinch. She didn't know what to say or do. She looked over at her father, and he was looking at her with his eyes widened. What was the last thing he said? 'Meet Blaze'?

"Nice to meet your acquaintance," Whitedust said. She didn't know if she was supposed to bow or not.

Blaze smiled. But it wasn't an evil smile, it was a kind one. "You too, Darling!" Her face lit up.

Huh? So she's not secretly evil on the inside, hm. Whitedust thought in confusion. She tried to reach inside Blaze's mind and pull something out, but all she got from Blaze's mind were the same words that she had already said, adding the emphasis to how she herself was prettier.

"Splendid!" Blaze announced. "Oryx, Dear, tell me all about your precious dragonet." She motioned toward Whitedust.

Ack! Please don't keep me here, Dad! Whitedust thought, and it was clearly written all over her face, but Oryx didn't seem to see her. He was too flattered by Blaze.

"Why, Blaze, I do apologize for eloping with Harp," Oryx said. But as he said it, his mind thought the opposite. He didn't even have the slightest of guilt for leaving Blaze's army for Harp. He continued: "But you must understand, that I love her with all my heart." He put his talon on his muscular chest. And I would travel to the ends of Pyrrhia, and even to the "lost continent" to look at her beautiful face... He thought. "And I can assure you, that your army was probably quite alright without me, but I had a decision, and I made it. I chose-"