Whatever It Takes

AN: I'm going to begin this chapter with a new character

Sunnyside, Queens

Hill Stock Grove Apartments

"Mom I know you don't want me to take the this internship, but I think that this will be a great way for me to gain character and mature as a person."

my younger brother beings to laugh "You know mom will never let you join."

"Ugh get out I throw my pillow at the door Who am I kidding– she'll never say yes I lay flat on my bed and begin to cry. Why don't I get to do what I want! I've been trapped in this room for like forever." I hear a knock on my door "Javin how many times have I told you I get up to open the door to stay out shocked "Mom sorry come in."

"We have to talk." she sits down on my bed

"Mom what's wrong?"

"One of your classmates was killed yesterday morning she takes a deep breath before exhaling she was killed in Long Island. I don't think it's a good idea for you to continue going to Magnolia."

"No– no I begin to shake my head I am so done with you making decisions for me, I've done everything you asked and this is one thing you're not taking away from me."

"The paperwork is final you'll be going to East Liberty monday morning ."

"This is unbelievable– did you even consider my feelings it's like you want to ruin my life."

"I'm only doing what I think is best."

"How are we even going to afford it? We can barely pay bills. Now you want me to go to some other school."

"Look baby girl she grabs my hand I know things aren't the best right now, but things will get better."

"I have to tell you something she looks at me I signed up for the debate team." fake smiles

"Good, i'm proud of you. I told you everything will work out for the better." she kisses me on my cheek then leaves my room

"I can't believe I just lied to my mom." This is so unlike me. I walk to my door "Mom!"

"Yes sweetie?"

A little lie won't hurt will it? "I love you." I close my door and proceed to get ready for the rest of my day

Meanwhile in Long Island, New York

Archie's POV
I honestly can't get out of bed. I toss and turn. I hear a knock at the door

"Hello? another knock comes through I said hello."

My dad opens the door & says, "Get dressed."