Where Are We?

In Long Island, New York

"Where are we even going? Pa If you don't tell me where we are going I will hop out and walk home."

"Stop just a little bit up here." He begins to stare at me

"What's so special about this place?"

"Clear?" the driver nodes "Lets go."

Archie's Pov

I caught on to some of the things that go on around here and when someone says clear that means you get to where you have to be in a orderly fashion quick as possible. So when my father said clear I jumped out with him

"Follow me into Batista's." He pointed at the Café on the corner

We walk in and we sit in front of the window

I sit down "What's so special about this place." I looked around at the table and I saw a engravement it said Eva + Jed. "Mom and you use to come here?"

My father stares at me for a while before opening his mouth "You don't remember do you?"

I squinch up my face "What do you mean do I remember?"

He places both hands on the table "Your mother was killed right in front of this cafe."

Archie's Pov
Then it hit me and all the memories began to come back to me– what is happening to me?

"Why would you tell me this." tears begin to run down my face

"Cause that type of anger makes you perfect for this." He looks out the window

I follow his eyes and see a bunch of men in suits "I don't want have anything to do with this."

"You're my son and I want you to take over, especially if anything ever happens to me. Everyday is not promised and you know this more than anyone."

I wipe away my tears "Why should I join you? Why would I put my life on the line to work for you."

"We found your mother's killer."
I pause and it was like every thing around my stopped.
"Okay i'll do it– i'll join you. Only if you promise me Frankie and Joey have nothing to do with it and they won't be involved or harmed."

He nods his head "We have to talk about something."

"What do you want now? I just said i'll join. Why are we still here?"

"The rival family knows you're my son."

"Everyone knows i'm your son."

"Not everyone knew you were my son. That's why you and your brother are homeschooled."

"What about Frankie, she's not home schooled."

"Because of your sisters hair color, no one would expect she has Mancini blood running through her veins."