Got A Message?

Sunnyside, Queens

Sunnyside, Queens

I got a message it said come in early so I left for school extra early and caught a ride on the Grey Hound. I walk into the office

"Hello, it's me again."

She smiles and says, "Room A 190 Office B."

"Isn't that the first floor?"

She points "Its right through those doors and on the left."

"Thank you." I begin walking to the room and my hands are extremely clammy. I open the door and see 6 others sitting down. Well this is either the room of kids who didn't make it or the ones who did.

A lady walks in "Okay everyone you either need a pen and a piece of paper or a laptop to write down what I am about to say." I pull out my laptop and begin to type "Okay for contact purposes you must email me, not the lady in the office or the lady next to mine. My email is ValShamers@tgi.com This is where your papers will be submitted by midnight every Friday. Second, we are now offering schooling if you want to know more about that go to
www.tgi.com/schooling. Let's see here about the schooling we offer services to these school Magnolia, Glen Oak, Waterdale, & East Liberty. If your school is not listed we are sorry, check back soon.
If you haven't figured out yet you 7 are the ones who qualified for this internship. You should be proud. You 7 are chose out of 12,000 students in our district. I maybe should mention my name now my name is Valencia Shamers, I am the lead head writer of TGI anything you want published will go through me. I am responsible for you so if you have any problem feel free to stop by my office. You all are wonderful writers and maybe just maybe I will be working alongside one of you.
TGI wants to welcome you and as a gift we will be gifting you with the latest Apple computers and $500.
Here we welcome you to express your creativity. Thank you and it was nice being able to speak in front of you today. Have a nice day."

She leaves through the back and another man enters

"Hi, I am Jeff Lawson and I am the Media and Deputy Editor for TGI. I have worked for people like the president, celebrities, and even people in third world countries. I just want to let you know how lucky you are to be sitting in those seats that you are now. 25 years ago I was sitting in those very seats and now I seen am one of the best writers and reporters in the world. I have TGI to thank for that. Where are my manners? Do we have any questions?"

Before I fall asleep I raise my hand "Yes, where will we be working? From home or an office?"

"Yes good questions. If you attend one of the four schools that are a part of our schooling services you will receive your special office on the 5th floor. But if you do not choose to do the schooling services that we offer you will still receive an office, but it won't be your own office and it won't be a as big as the ones who do schooling here."