Chapter 6

Gust squinted up at the silver blanketed sky, "The winds today are blowing strong, so it should be easy for you to to catch a draft." 

        Today was the day that Saguaro and Crimson would begin their flight practice as part of their rehabilitation.

         Breeze, the second SkyWing doctor who had not been there when Saguaro had woken up, looked to her patients with her kind eyes of lavender, "Remember that we'll be up there with you two in case anything happens."

          Saguaro felt as if small lizards were crawling around inside her stomache as she glanced at the scars along her side, 'In case anything goes wrong?'

          Crimson, on the other talon, was standing his ground as solid as stone, not betraying any hint of emotion.

         He gave her a condescending look as she panicked at his side before staring mysteriously off into the mountains in the distance.

         Three moons, he's too handsome, I wanna smack him. she thought angrily.

          Breeze rose into the sky on her brilliant sunset colored wings to watch over the other three dragons.

          "Okay, are you ready?" said Gust.

          "Always." Crimson growled as he unfurled his red and yellow marigold petalike wings, Gust narrowlly skipping just out of being hit by one.

           "N-Now make sure to be careful, the bone in that wing was shattered, so it's going to be more prone to damage now." he explained.

          "I think I'll be fine." Crimson beat his wings to propel himself into the chilly air.

         Gust watched the two red SkyWings meet in the air before turning to Saguaro, "Ready?"

         Saguaro opened her brown speckled wings to let the breeze blow past her sides, filling her wings like the sail of a great ship.

         WHOOSH

       In one beat she was up in the air.

       WHOOSH

      Another sent her soaring through the sky towards Crimson and Breeze.

       "You made it." he observed.

       "Surprised?" the SandWing sneered. Crimson just began to stare off into space again.

        Breeze let out a small giggle.

      Saguaro turned to narrow her kelly green gaze at the SkyWing, "What?"

      "Nothin'." she shrugged.

       Saguaro was about to press her for more information when she caught a tangerine dragon flying up next to them in her peripheral vision that turned out to be Gust.

        "What do you say we fly on a little bit that way?" The scales on his flame colored tail shimmered like gold as he flicked it towards the mountains in the distance.

       "Okay." Saguaro said.

      "Crimson, are you feeling up to it?" Breeze asked.

       "Uh, sure." he said as his brain fell back into his head, "Good idea."

         The four dragons then continued on through the dove grey sky.