Chapter 13

The three dragons soared on their way to the palace to ask about where Rouge was.

       Mountains gradually became more and more flat-topped with prisoners chained to the top of them.

       "It's so horrible." Gorge shook his head, "They don't even give their prisoners a chance."

         "What do you mean?" asked Saguaro.

          "They all have to fight other prisoners in the arena." he explained, "If they somehow survive all that, they get pitted up against Scarlet's champion, no one's ever survived her."

      Saguaro was about to ask more questions, when Crimson's seaweed green eyes seemed to catch something interesting beneath them,  "Hold on." he swooped down towards one of the prisoners, so she and Gorge followed.

       Gorge gasped, the red dragon was brutally beat and burned almost beyond recognition, Saguaro almost couldn't tell that it was Crimson's brother.

       "Rouge, what happened to you?" he ran to his lover's side to take his talon that was chained at the ankles.

         His brown eyes glanced sadly in his brother's direction, "I don't want to tell you that."

         "Come on, Rouge, we might be able to help you out of here." Gorge pleaded.

         Rouge sighed, "There's no hope for me now, anyway, I'm due to face the champion this evening."

        "I-I'm sure you can beat her." Gorge's tone wasn't as certain as the words he was saying.

         "You don't know what she is, Gorge." Rouge reached his neck forward to give his lover one last kiss, "Thank you for giving me a chance to say goodbye to you guys."

           "No." Crimson sniffed, holding back tears, "I know that no one's ever beat her, but you'll just have to be the first one!"

           "I'll miss you, my brother." Rouge stepped forward to embrace Crimson in his wings.