Chapter 2

Saguaro flew out over the expanse of sand beneath her as she had for many hours, the sun beating down on her.

        She had not left the palace very many times, and in those few visits to the outside world, the palace had never been once out of her sight, so she had assumed that the nearest town in the direction she had begun flying in would not be far off.

          She was starting to think that she may never find another dragon, and the empty desert was as endless as it seemed, when a blur of green and blue rose from over the horizon.

        What is that? Saguaro wondered, hovering in midair.

         As the cloud drew closer Saguaro began to notice that it was acctually a large group of dragons all travelling in a group.

         Saguaro didn't identify what tribe they belonged to, as she had never been allowed to be in the room when dragons from another tribe visited the palace in attempt to keep her existence a secret. The only way she had ever been exposed to the appearance of the other six tribes was in a colorless scroll that had been in the castle library, and that didn't help with identifying some flying blue blobs.

     Soon, Saguaro's thoughts were drowned out by the roars of an army of shining garnet and beige scales.

       She was swept up up in the current of SandWings and SkyWings as they cried out in rage.

This was the first battle of the war,

and Saguaro was caught right in the middle of it.