The Unexpected

Chapter 8

Libby arrived home at 5:00 pm and was surprised to see Shawn home before her. He was sitting on the couch watching sports with a beer in his hands.

She placed her bag and keys on the counter. "So you are home early. Why? "

"We need to finish discussing me leaving for Hawaii."

"We don't have to discuss shit," she responded.

"Well, I will be leaving tomorrow." He watched her like he was challenging her response.

"Whatever she watched him with a death glare, I am going to take a shower."

Libby came back down, seeing Shawn in the exact position with a few more beers, but she smiled.

"Why are you smiling? He questioned

"Oh nothing, I just realized it's important to you and if you're going to Hawaii for 2 months, I guess I should call Samantha and travel to the Bahamas."

"What! Shawn stood up.

"You heard me and the end of this discussion. Therefore, enjoy your vacation and I will do the same. " She laughed and, to show you that I truly don't give a fuck, I am going to prepare dinner, darling, and she left him speechless.

The next day, Shawn was on a plane heading to Hawaii. Neither he nor Libby spoke to each other that night, and as usual, they both slept in separate rooms.

The phone rang.

Michael: "Excuse me, Libby, but we've got an issue."

Libby: "Oh hey Michael," she smiled, "I need you to get to my house like right now, please."

Michael: "I will be there in 20 minutes."

Phone ends

In the next 20 minutes, Libby heard the buzzer and then a knock, so she headed to the door and opened it.

She was wearing a red-necked blouse with a mini skirt and no shoes.

"Well, hello, Michael comes in."

So Libby, ohm, are you traveling or something? He watches the suitcases near the doorway as he

"No, we are," she smiled.

"What! He said this with his eyes wide open, looking at her to ensure he heard correctly.

"Michael, my husband notified me he was going to be in Hawaii for 2 months, and I know he is going to have that mysterious slut around, so we are going to find out who she is. She said it in a commanding voice.

"You are really fucking crazy." Wait, don't I have a say in this? He questioned

She hoped he wouldn't say he was quitting.

Well, I take that back. You are not crazy. You are all types of insane and you know that right. " He watched her reaching for the wine cabinet.

"Insane to know the truth," she giggled.

"Fine, okay... Okay, you're the boss, but I need to take care of things first. He took his phone as he mumbled something that she couldn't hear. Is there anywhere I can do this privately?