Don't cry alone

Chapter 9

So how is the job going so far? She asked

It's been 2 weeks since Michael and Libby arrived in Hawaii. Well, you know, the usual that they are really editing up a story on this new movie here as there are editors reporting on it. However, there is no girl except his secretary. By the way, does she know that way too much make-up? "he laughed

She laughed, "Why don't you join me for a drink? You look a bit tired."

"No, I am good; I need to get back to work." He stretched without looking at her.

She watched him with disappointment, as if she felt he was just avoiding her. Hey Michael, can I ask you a question?

"Sure, Libz," he said, looking at her with concern but sitting next to her because he knew what she was about to ask.

"About the other night before we came here to Hawaii, why did you leave and don't lie to me, for I can see for the past 2 weeks you have been avoiding me as well." She questioned

"Oh, I knew you'd ask sooner or later," he said, placing his hand behind his head; "Well, Libby, you're married and have a suspicion your husband is cheating, and I didn't want you in the same category as me, and that night I went over the limit."

"Oh, that's why she went to the porch with her hands on her chest, but you're right, and you should get back to work," she said with a smile.

"I hope you will be okay and I will see you for dinner." He smiled as he left out the door.

She understood the answer he gave but was a little disappointed, so she decided to distract herself. She dressed in her purple swimsuit as she headed to the pool, but as she headed there she saw Shawn's assistant chilling at the pool as well, so she decided to spy.

"Why are you chilling at the pool where you are supposed to be working?" She grabbed a sun hat and shades while hiding behind a palm tree.

It had been 30 minutes of boredom when she saw Shawn coming, although the next thing she saw made her stomach turn, for she saw he kissed his assistant with a hungry, passionate kiss. Libby quickly dashed back to her suite with running tears.

"Oh God, how could I have been so stupid and blind to not see this coming..." she cried.

Later that night, Michael entered the suite as he got worried that Libby hadn't come for dinner. He knocked on the door, but to his surprise it was unlocked. As he walked in, he saw a sad Libby crying her eyes out on the floor in her swimsuit.

He quickly comforted her as he wrapped her in his arms, all he wanted to do was murder whoever did this to her, and he hoped nothing bad happened to her as a million thoughts raced through his mind.

"Michael Oh it was you. Well, as soon as you left, I went to the pool and I saw Shawn. She tried to talk but choked on the words... she cried instead.

"You saw the girl," he finished her statement.

"Yes." She cried even harder.

"It's okay, hush now, it will be okay." On the other hand, Michael was angry because he wanted to go up to Shawn and beat the life out of him.

She cried in his arms as he held her close while giving her comfort . "I am stupid to think it wouldn't be her," she sniffs.

He got up and closed the door while getting a box of tissues. He also lifted her up to the couch and rested her head on him. She cried until she stopped and just lay there quiet.

"Thank you for being here for me, Michael," she whispered, and he held her more closely. "You were right, I was insane for coming here."

"No, I was wrong He kissed her forehead, "You basically did what you had to do to get the truth."

"You know, since I hired you, all you've been doing is being compassionate," she giggled a bit.

"That's just who I am, Libz," he lifted her face towards him. "You know that you look very beautiful," he smiled.

"Ha-ha, you're just trying to make me laugh I must look like a mess.

"Well you laughed, so it did work," he laughed.

"Not really," she agreed, as they both stopped and looked at each other, and he took a lock of her hair, saying, "I really mean it Libby, you are really beautiful, brave, and independent, and I really like that about you."

This time it was she who kissed him, and to his surprise, she kissed him with great passion.

"Wait stop, he slightly ended the kiss."

"Yeah, you are right She said sadly. They both remained quiet, but afterward, he lifted her up as she wrapped her legs around him and he braced her hands on the wall, kissing her deeply. She allowed his tongue entry into her mouth, kissing her hungrily. They eventually stopped catching each other's breath.

"Libby, this ain't the right time. If I am going to treat you right, I want it to be perfect." He smiled at her.

She smiled back, "So what should we do then?"

"Why don't I cook and you..." (he places her on the couch) can sit here and look for a movie to watch.

"Wait a sec, you... What! You'll understand why she laughed.I know I did most of the cooking while you mostly steered at my butt the last time you actually joined me for dinner. She laughed sarcastically.

"Can't blame me for being distracted for if you remember what you were wearing, lol," he laughed, "so leave the kitchen to me because right now you are in your swimsuit and it is worse than what you were wearing last time."

"Well I better changed She went and took a shower where she wore a strapless blue dress above her knees and came back to the couch where she took a heavenly smell of the food. "So you are really cooking without a woman's help," she said out loud, laughing.

Michael came out of the kitchen pointing at the apron with written words saying "respect the chef."

Okay, Mr. Chef, do your thing as she scrolls off watching a movie.

A half hour later, Michael came out with 2 dishes on the table. Libby sat down on a chair as she couldn't believe her eyes. There was a salad with baked potatoes with all the fixings like bacon, etc. It looked so delicious and there was Hawaiian punch.

"OMG! She looked shocked.

"So you have finally stopped laughing."

"Yep, she took a bite. Hmm, so fucking delicious," she said with a mouth full

He smiled while he took a bite as well.

They ate and talked. After they cleared up, they watched a movie together where he surprised her with dessert. It was a chocolate cake.

"Wow, you know how to treat a lady, don't you? She giggled.

He continued to tease her until she fell asleep on him. He lifted her up and brought her to bed.

"You sure you don't want to stay?" she said with close eyes.

"Darling I thought you were asleep,but I cannot stay here tonight. Besides, I will be in the other room and tonight is the night that I will be chatting with my daughter, so we will see each other tomorrow.

"Sigh, okay, she fell back into a deep sleep and he kissed her on the head before he went out."

*********Hey, love bunnies, new chapter, and those foods made me so hungry; however, I love this quote; well, love bunnies, new chapter soon, love you all.*******

🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰