Episode 2

Photo credit: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Max-696743422

The rest of the week went smoothly for Flora considering she spent most of the time in her room away from everyone.  When she did leave her room, it was only to eat and to converse with Max or Kate.  The more time she spent with Max she realized she was just a big awkward dork and she loved it.  Kate, on the other hand, was very and nice and reserved but had a strong will of faith making herself wonderful company for when the voices started to freak her out.

      It was the first day of school and Flora was unfortunately in one of her moods where she didn't feel like doing anything. Her mother spent the whole morning trying to prep her for the day but it didn't seem to be working well. She got out of bed anyway because Kate wouldn't stop knocking on the door and singing Christian songs. After getting dressed and ready for school, Flora grabbed her things and walked out of the room. A couple of her smaller harmless hallucinations crept around the dorm hall watching her and taunting her.

      Today she wasn't in the mood for any of it, she just wanted to get the day over with and go back to bed for the rest of her miserable life. The first class she had was a Life Drawing class, with her fellow dorm neighbor Max Caufield. She walked into the class and took the seat in the back closet to the window and stared at nothing.

      Max walked into the room following a few other students and noticed Flora in the room staring at nothing the empty wall. To her it was very strange, should she go and see if something was wrong with her or just let her stare. She wanted to know more about the strange beautiful girl so she walked over to her table and sat down across from her. Flora didn't move and it confused Max, Flora was staring Max in the face not blinking just staring.

      "Um, hey Flora are you alright?" Flora blinked a couple times before sighing and nodding. "I'm fine, I just miss home," Max nodded understanding exactly where she came from. Although it was exciting to come back to Arcadia Bay she still missed the city life.  "Oh, I drew a picture for you the other day when we were hanging out in your room," Flora said going into her bag and pulling out one of the many sketchbooks she owned, she flipped through a few pages before pulling out the picture she selected and pushing it towards Max.

      Max stared at the picture in awe, it was the most beautiful portrait of herself she had ever seen, when she thought about it, it was the only one she has seen.   "This is so good, I love it so much Flora. Thank you."  Flora nodded and forced a smile before putting her sketchbook down.  She was having issues trying to enjoy the company of her friend and it made her feel horrible, why was she so different?  Why was it so hard for her to happy?  Why am I like this?

      "Just do it, no one will miss you anyway," Flora tensed up when that haunting voice whispered in her ear.  She covered her ears as her breathing became labored, Max was a little freaked out by what was happening but she didn't know what to do so she just watched. "It's ok, nothing can hurt you here.  No, I know, I know what you said and I don't care you can't touch me. I don't care I'm not listening to you don't exist."  Flora yelled, the other students in the classroom stared at many of them judging while others were genuinely worried about her.  Flora jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder, she looked up to see one of the teachers looking down at her.

      This man is Mark Jefferson, I was enrolled in his class, Flora thought as all the voices quieted down. "Come on, we can fill you in on the class later.  I don't think it's healthy for you to be in class right now." Mark said helping the young student up.  He was, without a doubt attracted to this girl, it was her eyes that lured him in.  However, he didn't know what was wrong with her, it was completely obvious that she was mentally ill and not taking medication but which one.