Episode 3

Photo Credit: https://popovajr.deviantart.com/art/So-paper-thin-690189917

A few weeks went by and for Flora, things were starting to look up, Mr. Jefferson had given her the medicine she needed to cope with her illness. Her hallucinations weren't as bad as they usually were although some of the still popped up they didn't mess with her. The voices she used to hear all the time had quieted down and she was noticeably happier. Max had apologized for hurting her feelings which she happily accepted, she missed having her friend around.

Chloe had also become a big part of her life as well, Flora wasn't the one to get into mischief but with Chloe anything was possible. Today was like any other day for Flora she was in Mr. Jefferson's class doodling and paying attention occasionally. Flora noticed a piece of paper move her way, she looked up to see Max looking the other direction. Flora looked down at the paper before looking over at Mr. Jefferson. Photoshoot, after class, my room. – Mad Max.

Flora agreed before taking the paper and shoving it in her bag before anyone could read it, she heard someone tap on the table and looked up to see Mr. Jefferson looking down at her. "This is a very nice drawing, however, we're in photography try to pay attention, Flora." Flora put her drawings away and nodded as soon Mr. Jefferson turned around Victoria threw a paper ball at Flora. Of all the students that went here, Victoria was the only one that she hated more than anyone else. She couldn't understand how someone as beautiful as Victoria could be such a bitch.

Flora picked up that paper and opened it to see a terrible drawing off her jerking of Mr. Jefferson and a couple others she didn't recognize. She tore the paper up into pieces before throwing it away, she didn't care if Mr. Jefferson saw she was livid and was starting to lose control. She took a couple deep breaths before grabbing her things and walking out of the class and into the girl's bathroom, the rest of the class stared as Flora stormed out of the classroom but Mr. Jefferson continued, he would have to deal with Flora after he was done teaching his class.

Flora paced back and forth in the bathroom trying to clear her mind but nothing would work, the voice started as quiet whispers gradually got louder and harder to ignore. Flora froze when she felt the back of her neck hairs stand up. It never left like it was supposed to, Flora tried to steady her breathing with the bathroom door flew open. Kate being a concerned friend was upset that Mr. Jefferson did nothing to make sure Flora was alright so she took matters into her own hands and left class early to check on her friend.

"Flora, are you going to be alright?" As soon as Flora heard the sound of Kate's soothing voice everything around her started to calm down. Flora smiled at her friend before pulling her into a hug. "I'm alright now, I just needed a quick breather from everyone. Thank you for coming to check on me." Kate smiled at her friend and nodded, she knew something was wrong with Flora but she wasn't sure what exactly. She just knew that she had to pray for her every night and hope that she figures everything out.

The two walked out of the bathroom parted ways and Flora walked back into the now empty classroom, Mark was sitting at his desk looking through some of the work that his students had done. He was unimpressed by many of them but there were a few people that stood out. He looked up when he heard light footsteps moving towards his desk to see Flora looking sheepish. She was just so incredibly adorable with everything she did in Mark's eyes.

"I'm sorry for storming out of your class, I wasn't feeling well and I needed to leave before I had an episode." Flora said quietly, she felt bad for interrupting the class but like Mr. Jefferson told her before, when she starts to feel bad leave the area and take deep breaths. "It's quite alright, I'm glad you're feeling better. You seem to be doing much better than before I think that was the first time in a few days I've seen start to have an episode and even then, you handled it very well. Congratulations. You didn't miss much just the homework assignment, landscapes. I know you draw better than you take photos but at least try and if you need any help please come by anytime and I'll gladly help you." Flora smiled and nodded bouncing out of Mr. Jefferson's class, she was so excited to be praised for handling her illness so well.