Chapter 11: Safe

"Omg, Heavyn!" A voice screams right before I'm hit by what feels like two hundred pounds.

Zoey hugs me tighter, still mumbling incoherent words as she practically smothers me.

Okay. Maybe it was more like a hundred - if that. But you get my point.

I feel something lightly snake around my shoulders, my head swinging up to meet Zack's concerned/relieved stare.

He pulls me closer to him in a half hug, Zoey still grasping on to me like it was her that almost died.

So basically what happened is exactly five minutes after MidKnight ever-so-quietly disappeared, a small force of police officers stumbled upon unconscious Creepy and I.

I literally don't really remember what I was doing in that five minutes. Probably walking in circles as I talked myself through what happened.

I'm weird like that.

So then they kindly escorted me to their car, taking Creepy in a heavily fortified truck that's more than likely headed for Grandhaven Penitentiary here in NY - where they take Celestials that are evil.

I'd just walked into the police station with my little escort - a young woman and a older man, when Zoey tackled me from out of nowhere.

Apparently they'd already been brought here.

Zack looks me over, kinda reminding me of a mother goose in a odd way. "Are you
okay?" He sincerely asks, his hand squeezing my shoulder in a comforting gesture.

I slowly nod, wrapping my arms around my waist. "I'll be fine." Zoey looks up at my quiet voice, giving Zack a look I can't interpret.

Okay. So maybe I'm not 100% back to my normal self yet. Who would be?

My hands still have a slight tremble in them, my butt is now sore where I ever-so-smoothly landed on it, a small headache pounding in the back of my skull.

But I'll get over it. Or my name isn't Heavyn West.

"What's all this damn racket down here!" I look up at the large staircase that leads up to the second floor of the police station, that man I'd seen on tv not too long ago walking down them.

Both Zoey and Zack grimace.

Oh yeah. Their father.

He's probably a little over six foot, well muscled. His facial structure reminds me of both Zoey's and Zack's, his darker skin tone practically the same shade as Zoey's. His black hair is styled in a buzzcut, a small, slightly grey mustache over his lip.

His brown eyes zone in on our little group.

Zack and Zoey step away from me, looking up at their dad with smiles that look more like we're-in-trouble-and-we-know-it grimaces.

"What is it with you two?" He walks towards us. "I think you're fine one moment, then I turn around and there you are getting yourselves into trouble again." Zack and Zoey both seem to wilt underneath his stern gaze. "What do you think your mother's going to s-" He cuts himself off as a officer catches up to him, frantically whispering in his ear as he stops. His eyes landing on me.

He straightens himself back up, continuing his walk towards us in a more orderly manner.

"Miss West?" He stops a couple feet in front of me, and I nod in answer. "Why don't you follow me and I'll get you a nice warm drink while I call your parents?" His sudden change in behavior almost makes me raise an eyebrow up at him. A sweet and caring attitude taking over.