T W E N T Y - T W O

*Chapter Twenty Two (edited version)

Song For This Chapter:
Billie Eilish-When The Party's Over

.....

NO RECAP!

.....

Two Days Later

Cole pulls up to a secluded neighborhood, where a little white house is sat. He takes the keys from the ignition and slowly turns to me.

"Um, how do you know this girl again?" I ask a little confused.

"Look Jessica something may or may not have happened between us." He inhales deeply and I give him a look.

"Okay, but why are you guys, you know not together anymore." I hesitate to ask but I ask anyway.

"Toby," Cole said that one word was all it took for me to know.

"Toby, took her from me, apparently I wasn't good enough for her because she left me for him," Cole continued, "After that one night he took her to a party and well you can guess what happened, but I just so happen to be at the party and I stopped Toby from going more further than he already had." Cole started to catch a raspy tone in his voice.

"If only I was there earlier I could have stopped what happened to her I could have prevented it," His breath started to hitch in his throat.

"Cole, look I may have not been there when that happened but I promise you, you couldn't prevent what would have happened to her," I say in a reassuring tone.

Next thing I know Cole gets out of the car, and I awkwardly sit there for a moment. I then lean back on the door of the front seat, but that doesn't last long because Cole opened the door in the process making me fall onto the ground.

"Ow!" I say loudly planting onto the hard cold pavement with a silent thud, I hear Cole gasp.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry!" He exclaims before lending out his hand.

I take it gratefully standing up, he pulls me into a hug. I then hug him back actually enjoying the feeling of hugging my brother.

"Look I'm sorry about being so hard on you these past couple of months, but now I understand how much of a dick we all were to you, and I'm sorry." He says giving me a small and I hug him once again, accepting his apology.

Cole locks the car and we head to the front door and I notice his body shaking.

"Cole when is the last time you talked to her?" I ask and he rubs the back of his head nervously.

"Two or three years ago." I then look wide-eyed to him and he starts to nervously laugh.

"Cole! Three fucking years!" I exclaim hitting him on the shoulder.

"What are the chances she even remembers you?" I ask and he huffs.

"Trust me she remembers me," Cole says and I still notice his body shaking, I lock arms with him as he looks to me and we make it to the door.

Cole raises his fist to knock on the door but the door opens on its own, and out comes a girl with her dark black hair that's put into a messy bun, her rosy freckled cheeks, and plumped lips.

"Cole Harris, what are you doing here? She pauses then looks towards me.

"Jessica Andrews and Cole Harris never thought I would see the day." She says snickering and I roll my eyes.

"Well first of all Cole is my stepbrother, and second how do you even know me?" I ask and she then stares at me with a sympathetic look.

"You poor thing, having to be cooped up in a house with him and his dickwad of brothers all year ESPECIALLY the stupid one Adam." She says and I bust out laughing and she does as well, while Cole has an annoyed look on his face.

"So how do you know me again?" I asked.

"That bastard Toby would tell me about you all the time how you guys were close friends." She says as I think back to how me and Toby were best friends.

"I'm Lia by the way," She holds out her hand and I gradually shake it.

"So, you guys mind telling me, what you two are doing out here?' Lia says and we both inhale a huge breath.

Cole looks to me before speaking, "We came to talk to you about Toby." Cole says slowly and I notice the expression on her face changes drastically.

Seems like Toby has a way of fucking up everyone's life.

.....

We sit on the couch inside Lia's house as she brings us some hot chocolate to keep warm because it's pretty cold outside. Lia then takes a seat on one of the single sofa's before speaking.

"So, what about Toby?" She asks and I hesitate before full on telling her my story. I don't know what it was that made it so simple, but maybe I was just more comfortable in telling her what happened because she was hurt by him just like I was.

"You know we are not even the only victims that asshole has provoked," Lia says angrily.

"I know which is why we need your help to testify against him," I say and she looks at me a little taken back by all of this.

"Think about it not only one but two girls have testified to put Toby in jail, but we might need a few more girls to help," Cole says and I thankfully look to him.

Lia looks at us once more before sporting a huge smile onto her face.

"Okay! Let's do it." Lia exclaims and Cole and I smile before engaging in our plan.

If it's one thing I have learned about life it's that you won't always have a good beginning but you might just have a better ending. Which is why we are finally going to put Toby in hell where he belongs, so he may finally suffer for hurting not only me but a bunch of other girls as well.

.....

Nutella🌰
Pizza🍕

Um, I really don't have anything to say besides sorry for taking so long to update again😁

Stay Golden
.XOXO Alondra❤❤

XOXO Alondra❤❤