Chapter 1

Sienna's POV

I was walking down the hallways of the underground SHIELD base. Fury called me in. I was wondering what I was going to have to do. I walked into Fury's office and stood in the doorway.

"You wanted me?" I asked. Fury looked at me and smiled. That wasn't really a good sign.

"I'm surprised you came. Follow me." He said walking out. I followed closely beside him. We walked to the cells and stopped in front of a dark one.

"Fury. Why am I here?" I asked as Fury stepped inside the cell. He disappeared into the inky blackness. "Fury? Fury?" I asked.

"Agent Barton please follow." Fury said pulling me into the blackness. I realized that instead of a cell it was a hallway. We seemed to walked forever but soon we walked into a dimly lit room. An empty cyrosleep tube sat in the middle and random panels of technology sat around it.

"What is this?" I asked walking around.

"Project Winter." Fury said.

"Project Winter?" I asked looking back at him.

"Do you remember when HYDRA first took over?" Fury asked.

"Of course." I said.

"Well than you remember the threat that "killed" me." Fury said. I nodded and hoped he would get on with his story. "Well that threat just happened to be brainwashed. The Winter Soldier was Captain Americas best friend. He remembered that and only that and came to me. He asked to be exterminated. He said he couldn't deal with all the deaths riding on his conscious. Instead of killing him I gave him a chance to live his life again." Fury explained.

"You put him in cryosleep?" I asked.

"Yes." Fury said.

"Well where is he now?" I asked.

"He's getting a briefing." Fury said.

"Why?" I asked messing with a knob.

"Because he's your new mission." Fury said.

"You're kidding me. Right?" I asked. "I'm not a people person. You know this. I'm lucky that I some friends."

"But you've been through this. And you're one of my best agents." Fury said. I stopped messing with the knob and looked at him. Fury looked different without his eyepatch. His scarred eye looked like a grey storm. After a long time we finally talked.

"Fine I'll do it." I said.

"Good meet me near the entrance in an hour." Fury said. I nodded and we walked out of the room. Fury went the opposite way of mine. I walked to the locker room and gathered my bag. Moni came in and sat on the bench behind me.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"I have no idea. You father is the most annoying person ever. With all his secrecy and baldness. "I complained. Moni smirked and patted the seat next to her. I sat down and sided.

"You know it's only us who know about him. So you shouldn't hate him." Moni said. She was right. Only Connor, Me, and her knew. We were all that's left. Our parents either were gone or retired.

"You're right." I sighed. We were quiet for a bit.

"How's Ryan?" Moni asked.

"Braty as ever." I sighed. My brothers teenaged years weren't as nice to him.

"He ever visit you?" Moni asked.

"Yeah he's supposed to come see me soon." I said shrugging.

"Does that he's coming to my house also?" Moni asked. Her and Connor had gotten married and now live with each other.

"Probably. I mean if I don't kill him first." I joked. Moni smiled and we both got up. I realized the time and grabbed my bag. "I've gotta go. I'll talk to you later." I called to Moni as I left the room. I ran down the halls and to the small briefing room. My brother stepped out right as I got there.

"Hi Enna. You're watching him?" Connor asked. He made it sound like it was babysitting.

"Yes. Is he in there?" I asked.

"Oh yeah. Ready?" Connor asked. I nodded and opened the door. I walked in and saw him. The man who helped cause my father to die. His blue eyes seemed distant and emotionless. His face was clean and stubble caused a one o'clock shadow to fall across his face. His long brown hair framed it all.

"Hello. My name's Sienna." I said sitting across from him. He stayed quiet. "I'm going to help you." I said again.

"How?" He asked.

"You realize that you're not in your time anymore?" I asked.

"Yeah I figured that. I have a metal arm." He sassed. I was taken back by that a little.

"So you do have emotions?" I joked. "Ok I need to know your name."

"James Barnes." He said. I'm guessing that's how James Rogers got his name.

"Well nice to meet you James." I said with a smile. He finally looked at me and his expressionless face grew a shocked look. "What?" I asked.

"You look like someone. Someone I know." James said.

"Well my twin brother was in here before me." I said.

"No not him. Someone else." He said. We stared at each other for a while. And then I looked at his arm, that was supposed to be metal. Instead a long sleeved shirt covered most of it but it was rolled to his elbows. And what seemed to be skin cover the rest.

"Isn't that supposed to be metal?" I asked. James looked at his arm.

"A woman gave this to me. She said I could wear it in public." James explained. A metal arm might cause a ruckus in DC.

"So it's like a glove?" I asked.

"Yeah kinda." He said.

"Well we better get going." I said. Bucky stood up and we walked out of the room. I walked up the stairs that lead to the upstairs. As soon as we got the the upper room. It looked like a small shanty. And we ironically placed it near Fury's grave. I held the door open and James squinted as we left the room. I took a deep breath in as we both began this long journey together.

{______authors note_______}

Hello fan peeps! Thanks for all of the love you're showing for this. Of course I'm using OC's from my other books so check those out if you want. Sorry it's short I ran out of ideas. But hey another chapter is on its way.

Love your fangirl overlord,

SYDROXZ💜😎😈💜