Chapter 8

Sienna's POV

I drove down the highway with Bucky and James asleep in the back with the weapons. Ward sat next to me. He kept glancing from the window to me.

"Sienna, you can trust me you know that right?" Ward said.

"No I don't know you. You lost your right for trust when you sold your soul to Garrett." I said. He smiled at then looked at me.

"Look, Sienna. I've been locked up for 10 years. It's given me time to think. I lost my chance to be with the person I love. I lost the chance to start and have a family. Because Garrett was the person who I thought I could trust." Ward said.

"How is this helping me trust you?" I asked with sass.

"I was steered down a bad path when I was young. I'm older and can figure out the good from bad. I know what side I am now." He said.

"Ward, you can't switch sides." I said.

"Why not? You did it." He said. I was tempted to stop the car and leave him here.

"I was brainwashed. I didn't have a choice." I hissed.

"Ah yes. Like the soldier back there. No wonder you two like each other." Ward said. "You two are little brainwashed killer buddies."

"You're not funny and never were." I said. I yawned and pulled over at a small gas station.

"I'll get the gas. And then I'm driving. I've slept all day. And we still have two more if we're making it by our deadline." Ward said.

"How do I know you won't kill me?" I asked.

"You'll have to trust me." He said. Ward got out and started to fill up the van. I sighed and moved into the passenger seat. I thought of the time Ward was actually trustworthy. When I was about ten.

~flashback~

"Try again, Sienna." Ward said. I looked at him and sighed.

"This is like the tenth time." I whined.

"Do it right then." He instructed.

"Yes, sir." I said. I punched the punching bag like he showed me. I stopped and looked at him.

"Good. Lets get you wrapped up. Your dad would kill me if he saw your hands like that when he got home." He said. I nodded and looked directly at my knuckles. They were bloody and red.

"Honestly, did I really do good?" I asked.

"Yes. You're a natural." Ward said as we walked to the medical ward.

"Do you like being a specialist?" I asked.

"Um, yeah. Why?" He asked.

"I don't know. I have to think of what type of agent I want to be. It's between field and specialist." I said. Ward stopped and grabbed some gauze. He sat down and started wrapping my hand.

"Be a field agent. They have more fun." Ward said. "Just ask your dad."

"Can't he's in Budapest." I said.

"Don't be like that. I knew that." Ward said.

"But it's fun." I said.

~End of Flashback~

Those times were so much easier. I didn't have to worry who was what and if someone was going to kill me. Ward got back in the van and started it up. I stared at him.