Chapter 2

Sienna's POV

I sat reading in my room after a long day of getting James situated. My music was playing softly through my earbuds. A knock at my door pulled me into reality.

"Hey." James said. His brown hair was now cut short which surprisingly was his request.

"Hi. What's up?" I asked pulling out my earbuds.

"You've been calling me James all day." He said.

"Yeah." I said. I gave him a strange look.

"My nickname is Bucky." He said. That had to be a memory. I closed my eyes and went into his head. I shouldn't have done this but I had to.

I looked around the misty plane. This is how heads looked when I read/ went into them. Something's from James past were showing. A memory of two boys playing solider in a backyard. Another one of a skinny Captain America and James himself. I was beginning to feel terrible. This was awful.

I opened my eyes again and Bucky gripped his head.

"You ok?" I asked.

"Yeah. I had a moment of lightheadedness." He said. He shook off the feeling and looked back at me. We both stared at each other for awhile not staying anything.

"Um well goodnight." Bucky said.

"Night." I said back. He left and I heard his door shut from down the hall. My house was a two story townhouse near central DC. The upstairs had two bedrooms and a bathroom and downstairs had another bedroom and bathroom. This was basically the standard SHIELD living space. All agents usually had a partner with them but I didn't get that privilege. It was perfect for me. But now that I had a housemate...my perfect life is now changed. I put my earbuds, book, and phone on my nightstand and shut my eyes.

I was running again. Running from something unknown to me.

'I've been here before.' I whispered to myself. I stopped and looked around. The shadows seemed to sallow me as soon as I stopped. I was dropped on top of a building. Bodies scattered around my feet were piled upon each other. I looked at my hands that were crimson and dripping. I stepped backwards and felt the edge under my feet. I looked forward and saw the bodies rise. They were children, adults, parents, grandparents. Lives I ruined due to brainwashing. The corpses pushed closer. I looked underneath my feet and saw a never ending abyss. Closer the corpses came. Closer. Pushing me back. Pushing me further an further. And then I felt the weightlessness of falling.

I woke up in a panic. My forehead was beaded with sweat and my mouth was open with a scream coming out. My hands were gripping my sheets. I smelled burning. I looked down and saw that my sheets were now burned. I finally gave up on screaming and stopped but panting now replaced it. Bucky burst into my room. His hair was now disheveled and his white tank top was halfway tucked into his gym shorts and halfway out.

"You ok?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I said forcing a smiled. My eyes went to his arm. The metal seemed to shine in the darkness.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked. Bucky gave me a look that screamed 'really'. "Just go back to bed." I said. He looked at me for a moment and then went back to his room. I sighed got out of bed. I figured my pajamas of shorts and a purple t-shirt was suitable to be lazy in. I grabbed my phone and walked carefully down stairs. I could've flown gently but the possibility of my powers working right after a nightmare was slim to none. I guess I should explain my powers. I can get the powers of another person if I'm around them for too long or I force myself to. I have my mothers weather powers and her adoptive fathers mental powers because I grew up with them. But some powers stay and some go. My powers are kinda temperamental. I sat down on my couch and turned on my phone. My screensaver of me and Tony made me upset. He was gone. Forever. Half of our team had gone. Clara Summers, Henry Pym, Azari, Tony Stark (II). All gone because of HYDRA. Some of my closest friends and my only boyfriend dead. Most of the avengers are gone also. My life was a wreck. I needed some help. Maybe Fury was right, helping Bucky would help my conscious. Maybe. I turned on my music again and reached for a book on my coffee table. In my silent house I had become quite the bookworm. I opened the book and launched myself out of reality.

Just Trust Me (A Winter Soldier/OC FanFic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें