3 | Vampire Hunter Hunting

a/n : just wanted to let you guys know that since emilia turned her emotions off, she's no longer sired to klaus. some of you might've known already but this is for the one's that didn't just so you don't get confused. thank you xx.

YAWNING, MY EYES flutter open and stare up at the white blank ceiling

YAWNING, MY EYES flutter open and stare up at the white blank ceiling. I rub my eyes using the heel of my hand as I slowly sit up, stretching my aching muscles. I sigh, my arms falling on my lap as my eyes roam the dim lit room.

I slip the covers off of me and jump down from the bed, drawing the curtains open. The bright sun shines through the windows and lights up the room. I tie my hair up in a ponytail and wash my face and brush my teeth in the bathroom attached to my bedroom.

I pad out of the bathroom, shutting the door behind me softly. I pull open my room door open and step outside, yawning. My yawn halts when my eyes spot the two guys standing on each side of my door, resembling bodyguards.

I raise my eyebrows and open my mouth to say something, but stop when Klaus appears in my line of vision.

"Morning, Princess." Klaus says, smiling with his arms behind his back.

"Aren't you supposed to be in Chicago?" I ask then point to the bodyguards. "And why are there bodyguards standing outside my room?"

"I was halfway to Chicago when I heard you were attacked." Klaus answers, "I panicked and sent hybrids ahead of me to take care of you while I drive to Mystic Falls. So, consider them your new bodyguards."

"I can take care of myself." I replied bluntly, crossing my arms. "So how about you skip your duty calls and go back to Chicago, huh? You're not wanted here."

Klaus's face falls but then he covers it up by a smirk. "I take it that you have turned your emotions off and now you're stone cold. But that isn't going to stop me from caring about you and making sure that by the end of the day you're breathing."

"Look I get it. I live in your stupidly big house and you feel like you have authority over me but — "

"That's not — "

" — but I'm planning to move out. So you don't have to worry about me or make sure that I'm breathing by the end of the day."

"Princess," he sighs, "I'm not doing that because you're living in my house. I'm doing that because I genuinely care for you and it would pain me if I learned that you were hurt and I wasn't able to do anything about it."

"Yeah well I couldn't care more." I mutter sarcastically, giving him a blank look. "So here's how it's gonna go. I'll send you an address for an apartment that's on sale and all you have to do is get the keys for me."

I turn to walk away but Klaus speeds in front of me, putting an arm out to stop me from walking away.

"Emilia." he says, looking down at me with a pained expression.