4 | Duh, I'm Awesome

a/n : listen to the song "Feel So Close (Radio edit) by Calvin Harris" when the party scene comes and emilia is dancing ;)

WHISTLING A LOW TUNE, I skidded the moving truck to a halt in front of the Gilbert Residence, also known as the home where millions of people died and came back to life

WHISTLING A LOW TUNE, I skidded the moving truck to a halt in front of the Gilbert Residence, also known as the home where millions of people died and came back to life. Not exactly homy but meh.

I pushed the driver's door open and hopped down from the truck, slamming the door shut behind me. I skipped around the truck and made my way to the front porch. Once there, I turned the knob and pushed open the door, yet the door didn't budge.

I sighed, rolling my eyes to the back of my head in annoyance as I tapped my knuckles against the wooden door. I placed my hands on both my sides and leaned on my left foot, tapping my foot patiently.

A century later, the door swung open to reveal a yawning Elena behind it. Her yawn stopped midway and she tilted her head, a confused look on her face.

"Am I dreaming?" she asked - more to herself - as she slowly placed her hand on my face, touching it as if to make sure I was real.

I harshly smacked her hand away from face, sending her a look.

"Ow!" she mumbled, rubbing her hand.

"Morning, sunshine!" I chirped sarcastically, pushing past her and stepping into the house. "Gosh, smells like death in here." I grimaced, my face turning up in disgust.

"Are you moving back in?" Elena asks, shutting the front door as she wraps her arms around herself.

"God no!" I replied, "I'd rather drink my own pee than move back in here with you."

"Gee, thanks!" she rolled her eyes.

I ignored her and strode up the stairs, rushing to get out of this hell hole as soon as possible. Elena followed, her steps fast as she rushed to keep up with my purposely fast pace.

I came to a stop in front of a familiar brown wooden door that led the way to my room.

I eyed the door, "It's not haunted, is it?"

Elena rolled her eyes and stepped forward, twisting the door knob and pushing the door open. She stepped inside and turned to me, holding the door open.

I followed inside and my eyes instantly scanned my surroundings. Almost like I was trying to remember how my room looked like.

The curtains were drawn open, the sun shining through them and illuminating the room. The window seat was tidy with a folded blanket and a few pillows on top of it. The bed was neatly made with a few of my old stuffed animals. The vanity was organized and stacked, my jewelry twinkling as it dangled down from the top corner of the mirror. The shelves carried a large amount of dusty books and novels. The closet sat untouched in the corner of the room.