17 | Coming Undone

I AM STANDING ON wickery bridge, the chilly night air blowing against my bare arms

I AM STANDING ON wickery bridge, the chilly night air blowing against my bare arms. The street's empty with no sign of anything, lights flicker above me and the trees whoosh.

"What am I doing here?" I ask myself, looking at my surroundings.

A sound of a car passing by is heard and I look behind me to see a familiar car driving down the street. I held out my hand to stop it but it continued driving.

I watched as suddenly the car tipped over the edge of the bridge and fell down onto the water below. I looked over the edge as the car fell into the water with a splash.

I turn to suddenly see Stefan jumping over the edge and falling into the water.

It then hit me.

This is how my adoptive parents died.

"How does it feel?"

I turn to see Damon standing beside me, his elbows on the bridges edge.

"How does it feel to see your parents die?" he asks, looking at me.

"You're in my head." I mumble, "Why are you in my head?"

"To bring you back." he said, "To make you feel something."

"Get out of my head, Salvatore."

"Not yet." he shakes his head, "Watch."

I watch as Stefan pulls out a almost looking lifeless Elena onto the shore below us.

I growl, "Get out of my head."

I sit up with a gasp. I look around and I'm sitting on Damon's bead, my hands bound by ropes to the headboard. Damon sits beside me while Stefan sits behind him on a chair.

"Kinky," I smirk, "I like it."

"Of course you do." Damon smiles, "How did it feel like seeing the car accident?"

I shrugged, "It was okay. Disappointed there wasn't any blood."

I chuckle, "So you guys are on a roll today, huh? Big day ahead of you."

"Sure is," Damon replies, "it'll be hard to break you."

"So why try?" I ask, "Just stop. I like how I am, shouldn't that matter?"

"That's the problem, Emilia." Stefan sits forward, "You don't know how to feel about yourself now because you can't feel."

"But that's the beauty of it all." I tell them, "Why have emotions when you can't? I really should've turned them off from the beginning."

Damon sighs, "Let's try again. You're starting to get annoying."

I'm on a small hill in the woods. It's dark and cold. The full moon is shining down at me and the stars shining.