The Day I Knew His Secret

A/N: Soooooo, I imagine the younger Jacob Artist as Lemuel. I've loved Jacob since the days of glee and I think he really fits my description  (aside the fact that Jacob is lighter in terms of compexion). I'm open to other ideas though. Tell me what you think or who you see when you take in on my description of Lemuel 🤗

Once again, I say, enjoy.....

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

And today I knew what it feels like to have a heart attack.
*******************************************

Considering the fact that I have no friends and the music room is my only home, I go there every last period on Thursdays because its a free period for me. Coincidentally, its also a free period for Lemuel; how do I know this? I think I clearly stated I'm obsessed.

Normally, Lemuel spends his free period at gym or sports or one of their popular hangouts so I expected him to be there today as well and not at the music room. Hence, I was not prepared for the shocker I got today.

I snuck my way to the music room like I always do, and from the door, I could hear faint sounds(our music room is sound proof so other members of the school don't hear our rehearsals for any of our school performances but I have quite the ear for music).

These sounds were practically hypnotic and I just had to know what was making such beautiful sounds.

I turned the knob and walked in and that's where I nearly collapsed. I find the school demigod at the keyboard playing and freaking SINGING All of Me by John Legend. And trust me, next to Lemuel, John Legend sounds like a dying cat. I'M NOT EXAGGERATING - okay maybe I am a little - But he really is good.

I just stood there watching him, unable to process what to do next. The brain never stops working, even in sleep, but today, I doubt there was even a brain in my skull at all. I was utterly stupefied.

"Cards on the table, we're both showing hearts
risking it all though it's hard......"

He kept singing and playing, never taking in my presence for once until he reached the end of the song and looked up. A few moments felt like hours as he stared at me with a questioning look until he finally opened his mouth again.

"Soooo....how much of that did you hear?" he asked while obviously trying to fight back a smirk. His voice one octave too low for my sanity.

"Uh..." I barely managed to open my mouth.

"You in there Ruby?" he said as he looked at me with those unbelievably big beautiful brown eyes. I nearly fell into a coma. OMG! He knows my name. Lemuel - yes the freaking superhuman - knows my name and he just said it out loud too. I actually felt all my intestines tangle.

"Yeeeah." I must have spaced out because he started to snap his fingers in front of my face in that 'Earth to Ruby' kind of way.

"That was amazing". I blurted. "I didn't know you sing." I stated. I finally managed to say and I knew my brain was kind of functional again because I figured I should say more.

He just shrugged his shoulders and turned away from me to get off the chair he was sitting on. He got out of the chair and walked over to the socket where the keyboard is always plugged. He crouched and flipped the switch off. While he did all this I watched him like a hawk preying. I took in every move and flex of his muscles. Standing there watching him assured me that God is the greatest artist ever because I am convinced that the boy standing in front of me is the greatest work of art there is.

He stood up and faced me again while I was fighting to gain composure. He apparently also realized the effect he has on me because his lips formed into a very beautiful smirk. Yes! I said a smirk is beautiful.

"Does Mr. J know?" I whispered, asking about his ability.

"You're not gonna tell anyone about this." He deadpanned. "Especially Mr. J." His voice so deep, I could feel the vibrations in the air. It's official, I'm mental, and he wasn't helping matters. His statement answered my question though. At least one of the million that I have. All I could do was nod like his obedient little puppy.

"Good." He said again as he started to take steps towards me and I instinctively started to back away until I was stuck between a wall and a hard place, literally.

We were so close I could feel his breath fan against my face and his eyes were darting from my eyes to my trembling lips. He must have been feeding on my fear. I feared he was contemplating on killing me because I found out his secret. I was staring into his eyes looking for answers but I found nothing but oblivion. Oblivion I would gladly fall into. His eyes are a journey of a million miles that had no return and I would gladly take that journey. I'd give it all up for him. Well, technically not all. I have a family I love and I'm sure they wouldn't be too happy with my leaving. I don't even know why I was thinking things like that. Lemuel made me have no regard whatsoever for sensibility.

We heard the door knob and that snapped us out of the trance we'd put ourselves in. Thank God.

I'll tell you about the rest tomorrow diary.
Goodnight.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

*PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE*

The story's coming along nicely if i do say so myself and I'm grateful to you guys for your patience and for sticking with my story. Thank you guys so much❤ I love y'all. You're the reason I keep writing and y'all mean so much to me. Once again, I say thank you😍