The Day He Sang With Me

*PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE*

Dear diary,

Ugh! MONDAY! Luckily it's over.

Yes. I admit I like books and school but it doesn't mean I like the fact I suddenly have work for 5 days straight or that I have to start waking up early. I mean; Who doesn't hate Monday?

Today started pretty average. As average as average can be except with a little sweetness. HIM. He makes the thought of getting outta bed so early bearable.

Classes seem to be getting more and more boring. Mostly because of all these new teachers and their new styles of teaching. But as usual; Word has gotten around and they've taken an interest in me. UGH!!! It's getting so annoyingly tiring having teachers who think so highly of you. I can't even make one small mistakes without them going crazy. Hey! I'm human too y'all know. I guess that's why classes are starting to frustrate me. Well, I'll be over it soon.

Today I went to the music room by break to unwind because my classmates had started the routine of teasing and irritating me again so I needed an escape from all the frustration that seemed to be building up. I figured the music room would do since it was my space of bliss. It was so hard to contain the joy I felt when I opened the door and saw him sitting facing the door tuning a guitar. Somehow, I gained composure and I didn't want to startle him so I just stood at the door and leaned against the wall while I gazed at him in all his glory.

His jet black hair was looking fuller which was weird since he never let his hair get so full. Nevertheless, it was still beautiful. He wasn't wearing his jacket or the waistcoat of our uniform. Just his tight school shirt which gave me a nice view of his muscles as they flexed because of all the effort he put into tuning the guitar. Beads of sweat formed on his forehead and they glistened because of the rays of sunlight coming in from the window. He raised his hand to wipe off the sweat and continued with his task. He was so focused on his task that he didn't notice my presence. Then again; even people who aren't busy don't notice my presence.

I realised the fan wasn't on and that's probably what was causing him to sweat so much. I walked to the control box as silently as I could while he started play sinice he was done tuning. I switched on the fan and cool breeze started to blow. He felt the breeze and looked up from the guitar and saw me walking towards him. "Go close the door." He said without even the slightest hint of expression in his voice or on his face. What was wrong?

I did as he said and started to walk back towards him. I stopped a few feet away from him; I have no idea why though. My legs just wouldn't go any further. He was strumming the guitar and I recognized the tune. It was "Thinking out loud" by Ed Sheeran. This boy seemed to know all my favorite songs in the world. I couldn't help it when I burst out singing along as he played.

🎵"So honey now,
Take me into your loving arms.
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars.
Place your head on my beating heart "🎵

I heard faint sounds while I sang so I sang lower until I heard him. He was singing too. WOW. I couldn't believe it. I was dumbfounded and just stopped singing. He didn't notice though because he was so lost in the song and his head was facing the guitar in his arms. His voice was like an aphrodisiac. I was mesmerized.

He couldn't hear my voice anymore so he looked up from the guitar and at me. He stopped singing but kept playing. He tilted his head to the side and his eyes roamed every inch of me which made me feel very self conscious. Our eyes met and in that same instant he looked away with this force as if trying to fight something.

"What's wrong?" I curiously asked the question that had been in my mind since he asked me to go close the door. He then stopped playing but didn't give me an answer. He looked out the window and he then dropped the guitar. He walked over to the saxophone case and unlocked it. Almost immediately I heard footsteps heading up the stairs and Caroline's voice. She must have been the one he saw when he looked out the window which made him go take the Saxophone out. I heard only Caroline's voice but I heard footsteps of two or three people and my suspicions were confirmed when Nelson barged in.

Favour could be seen as Lemuel's best friend which is weird because they're from two completely different sides of reality. Nelson's dad might be a teacher in the grade section of our school, but he has no influence next to Lemuel's parents. Also Nelson isn't as attractive as Lemuel. Don't get me wrong; It's not because of my crush on Lemuel I said so. I'm not blinded by love or something. Nelson can be cute in his own ways but he's pretty lousy. Lemuel is heavily built while Nelson is lanky but relatively short. Also Nelson doesn't possess the perfectly flawless skin Lemuel does; Nelson's skin has all kinds of wrinkles and peelings and scars. Nelson is also quite goofy and childish whereas Lemuel is pretty mature. Too mature. I'mnot so sure he even knows how to have fun. All in all, they're opposites. The only thing they have in common is that they're both in the school band and both play the saxophone; which is why he showed up in the music room with Caroline. They had practice for their gig on the assembly tomorrow. Lemuel and Nelson play the saxophone while Caroline and Jenny *(shudders)* play the violin. And yes; the bitch Jenny showed up. How much I loathe her. She hadn't even been there for two minutes and she just walked straight to Lemuel and was already flirting with him. For a minute I imagined gagging her. Caroline on her part was the only one who acknowledged my presence.

"Ruby. Hey. I didn't know you'd be here." She said in such a sweet voice. I understood why Nelson and practically every other boy in her class swoons over her. What's not to like? She's beautiful, has class, influence, talent and just so happened to be really sweet. She and her brother are truly amazing works of God, just in different ways.

"I w-was just leaving. Break time will end soon. I-I have to get back to my class." I stammered.

"Oh. Okay. You never stay when I get here. Why?" She said with a pout on that beautiful face that just looked absolutely cute.

"It's not like I don't want to. You just always seem to get here when I need to go." I answered with as much sincerity as I could muster. "Bye then."

"Bye." She waved as I stepped out the door.

The rest of school passed in a blur. And I had a ton of homework. Who knew I could ever get tired of homework??

Anyway, I'm done with the day now, so I say, Hasta La Vista.

G'night.

***************************************

Hey guys😊
I just wanted to apologize for not updating frequently, I'm sorry....I'm just a very busy person and apologize. I'll try to update more and update sooner.

ALSO DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!! It means a whole lot. Thank you in Advance and Goodnight ❤❤