The Day He Walked Me To Sports

*PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE*

Dear Diary,

Its Friday. Ugh! I'm crying right now. It's Valentine's day on monday and I have no idea what to get Lemuel. What are you supposed to get your unrequited love of 4 years? I'm so lost. Gosh! Body spray? I don't wanna get him another aside the one he already uses. I love that scent. But it's very rare and I don't want to ask him where he got it. He might figure it out. I could ask Caroline but he'd still find out then. Maybe one of those Valentine bears that are everywhere? Of course not. Too girly. A card? But isn't that too simple? Ugh! I even wonder what he's getting me. I would gladly take anything from him. The fact that he asked alone is enough for me.

He's acting really strange and really nice to me lately. I know its what I've always wanted but its still weird. For example, today, being Friday was sports day and our school also had a planned soccer match against another school and Lemuel made sure he came to find me to walk me all the way to the field even though I was already running late because I didn't plan to go. "Where on earth have you been? I searched everywhere for you. We're gonna be late for the match and that way I'll be replaced. Now c'mon." He yelled almost to himself as he bumped into me at the verandah that's closest to his class and faces the street on which the school is located. "Uh..." He must have taken my inability to object as compliance and he dragged me by my hand, down the stairs and to the school gate. I didn't want to go at first because of my leg. Normally all I would be able to do is sit in a place and watch everyone else have fun but he's going - He's playing too - and he made sure I went too. "You could be a cheerleader." He said while we walked allthough I wasn't sure if that was a question or a statement. "But if you're gonna be a cheerleader, you'll be my personal one. Cheer only me." He took my hand in his at this point. Is he crazy? He was holding my hand on the streets. That's even more public than public. I was dazed. Beyond dazed. The entire world could melt away at that point and I wouldn't even realise it. Somehow, I got my composure back and even a bit of feistiness. Where the courage came from, I have no idea. But I liked it. "Buuut...how could I cheer only you? Wouldn't the rest of the team do bad without a bit of encouragement?" I asked, smirking. "Who gives a flying eff what they think? Just me. I have a reputation to protect and that full on sexy - somewhat private - show is just what I need to boost my ego." He retorted. Sexy? Did he think my show would be sexy in any way whatsoever? Had he forgotten the reason I never go to sports in the first place? "Well first off, the reason I've never been to the field is because...." I was trying to explain before he cut me off. "HOLD ON!" He bellowed and I'm sure the whole street heard. Some people even gave us questioning looks but he seemed unconcerned. "You've never been to the field?" He asked. "Nope. I..." "You've never seen me play?" "No. I haven't because..." "For effs sake why?" His voice was getting louder again. I know we were out in public but for some reason his booming voice wasn't making me feel particularly safe. It intimidated me more and more by the second. "If you just let me explain..." I was surprised at the plea in my voice and an apologetic look crossed his face. He heard it too. I didn't mean to sound scared but at least it calmed him. "I have a condition. Weak knees. Hard to explain. I've been exempted from sports since grade school because of it. I've always wanted to come see you play...uh...all of you. Trust me, I have. But I couldn't. And if my mum finds out I'm going right now she'd freak." I calmly said with a vagueness to my voice. I saw comprehension cross his features and his mouth moved to form the shape of an 'O'. "But you're coming now. And you'll be coming till we graduate. Aii?" He said. "Aii." I answered and nodded. "Well, we're here." He said flinging his arms open wide and only then did I realise we stopped walking somewhere in our conversation. He let go of my hand and walked in front of me. I felt detached as soon as he let go but I had no time to ponder on what happened. He was already going in, half walking, half sprinting and I had to do a lot to keep up with him.

************************************************
Lemuel truly is a god. Watching him run up and down the field, sweat glistening on his dark skin in the sunlight, his hair ruffled, all his muscles flexing and ripping. He was practically glowing and I wondered if I was the only one bedazzled by him. That is, until, I overheard Jenny and Tola talking to themselves about how good he looks. "He looks so awesome. D' you think he'll know it's us cheering him on?" Tola said to Jenny. "I hope. He looks so great. Why'd he have to have a Valentine?" Jenny answered. He looks Great? He's an epitome of beauty. "And he won't say who it is. Nelson made a stupid joke of him being scared that we'd claw her eyes out if we found out. That idiot! Oh well. GO LEMUEL!" Jenny yelled and made a whooping sound. He didn't tell them about me. I had to fight back the urge to yell "In your face bisshes."

In a nutshell, our school won the match and the whole school was elated. Some people praised Lemuel and called him the MVP of the game. But sadly, I didn't get to see him before I left. I figured out what to get him. I'm making him a new wrist band because the one he always wore got cut during the match. I overheard Caroline say he never took the thing off so I figured he must have prized it and that's exactly what I wanna give him; something he'd prize. It's not like I'm completely skilled at making the wrist bands but they say it's the thought that counts right?

Anyways, till Monday then diary. I'll tell you how Valentine's day goes.
Goodnight.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!

I'm tryna be a little more consistent with updating now so I hope y'all enjoy.🤗
As I promised, we reached 250 reads and now I'm updating...next update when we get to 300 reads😉 Aii???