The Day of Ruined Plans

*PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE*

Dear dairy,

I promised that I would take action now and that's exactly what I did. I decided I'd let Lemuel know just how I felt -That's if he already didn't. I had practiced over and over in front of the mirror how I'd approach him. I practiced what I'd say. I even prepared myself for worst case scenarios.

"Lemuel, I love you. I have. Ever since 9th grade but I didn't know how to tell you. I didn't even know if I should tell you. In a world where the men always take actions, what could a girl like myself do. Anyways, I think you're a paragon of perfection and this is a long shot, but, I really hope you'd give us a chance to probably hang more often. I know I'm probably not as appealing as other girls but I have a whole lot of love in my heart that I wanna share with you." I said. "Ruby. Of course I find you appealing. And I have chosen you. Since the start, I chose you. Why else do you think you were my Valentine? I love you too Ruby." He took my hand and walked me to my class. "Hey. Everyone look. It's the school's latest couple." Milan sniggered. "Really Lemuel, I expected your taste to be better." KC sighed and the class burst into laughter. That's when I jerked awake. It was a dream that transitioned into a nightmare. KC in the dream was right though. Lemuel did have better taste.

"Ruby? Are you for real? Did you really think I'd stoop so low? Or is it because I made you my Valentine? The school had to make sure everyone got a Valentine. I only chose you so I could avoid taking every other girl. They'd all want expensive things but I knew you wouldn't mind. Now you're trippin'? Cause of some cheap stuffed bear?" He tsked and laughed before walking out on me. The corners of my eyes stung as tears welled up. I could cry freely because I was alone. I looked at my teary eyed self in the mirror and shook my head. Only he could make me cry by just imagining a worst case scenario.

I was worried sick about what he would really say in person but I summoned up courage and planned to do it anyway. The only problem is, despite all my planning, I refused to take one thing into cognisance: how I would get him alone long enough to talk to him. I could never go to his class, not with Jenny and Tola ready to snap my head off for merely being his Valentine. I would go to the the music room at break as usual but the school band had gigs all week and so the other members of the band would always be there. The boy was way too popular for his own good let alone for me to approach anywhere on school grounds. It dawned on me that despite all my practice, I would never be able to talk to Lemuel. Not on school grounds.

After a day or 2 of bawling my eyes out in my room, I realised there was something I could actually do. I decided to do the only thing I know how to do. Write. I wrote all about him, about everything I felt for him. Most of it was corny but it was heartfelt and that was what mattered.

Today, during a free period, I headed to the music room to see if I would find a little inspiration in there. I had already written 3 pages of foolscap sheet - extra. I know- but I felt I could write a little more so I went in search of more inspiration. My write up in hand, I went up the stairs, walked to the door and quietly opened it, walked in and closed the door as quietly as I opened it. I went to a corner of the room and sat. On the other side of the room, an ebony god sat on a stool facing me, a guitar in hand. He stared at me impassively while I was at a loss for words. Not because of how he looked like a member of those sexy boy bands sitting there - even though that might count - but because I hadn't expected him to be there. It wasn't his free period, he shouldn't be here. Yet, he was seated right before me anyway. I came here in search of creativity and I found my muse in all his glory.

"What...how are you here?" I stammered more to myself than to him but he apparently heard me. Or probably just guessed what I said. "Teacher's sick. No class." Lemuel answered, staring me in the eye. "What's in your hand?" He added, looking from my face to the sheets in my hand. I panicked and tried to hide it. He couldn't see it yet. It wasn't complete, or so I felt. "I like a challenge." He oohed. He let the guitar on the table next to him and walked over to where I was. He kneeled in front of me and stretched out his hand gesturing for me to hand the sheets over but I shook my head. He sighed and wrestled them from my grip. It took him barely 10 seconds because his touches fired up all the nerves in my body and I craved to please him. Either that or he just really was a strong person. I think it's a bit of both. He took the paper and began to read and I wish I could just go through the wall and run far away. As if hearing my thoughts, he looked from the sheets to my face and grabbed my hand. He intertwined his fingers in mine and I saw a glint in his dark eyes. He resumed reading and he squeezed my hands a little more on certain occasions.

He finished reading but didn't let go of my hand. He looked at the floor and I saw his other hand ball into a fist around the sheets. We stood there for what seemed like an eternity of silence but I didn't mind as long as he kept holding my hand. The bell rang and we both had classes to go but he still refused to let go of my hand. As much as I hated to let him go, I also hated being scolded by teachers so I tried to withdraw my hand. "Ruby." Lemuel barely whispered. "Did you mean all of this?" He asked. That was a question I hadn't expected despite all my planning. As I mentally struggled for a suitable answer, he let go of my hand and it felt like a part of me was ripped off. "Never mind." He deadpanmed. "Don't forget to close the door." And he walked out. At least one thing I planned for happened but this time, I didn't cry. I couldn't. He didn't exactly reject or humiliate me. I was fine. Stupefied to say the least; but fine.

Unfortunately, things didn't turn out the way I expected. Maybe girls aren't meant for the chase after all but at least I did it.

Only now, holding teddy Lemuel, did I realise that he took my writing with him.

Oh well.

Goodnight Diary.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
*PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE*

I'm sorry y'all had to wait so long. It'd really help the wait and also mean a lot if you guys shared the story. Thank you so much and enjoy.❤❤