The Day I Wasn't Invisible - 1

Dear diary,

I know I promised I'd tell you about the rest of the meeting Lemuel and I had few days ago but like I stated before, I'm not really into writing in you. The only problem is, lately, I feel like if I don't tell someone about the things that are happening, my head will literally implode. So here goes nothing...

We heard the door knob and that snapped us out of the trance we'd put ourselves in.

She walked in and Lemuel was so fast turning on his heel that she noticed nothing. She didn't even realize I was in the room because Lemuel's big frame covered me completely. When he did step out of the way, she noticed me.

"Oh, hi Ruby." she said. She knows my name? I guess I'm not exactly as invisible and non-existent as I thought. Even she knows my name. Well she is in the choir too. Her voice is Beautiful.

"What are you doing here?" she asked again, obviously waiting for some sort of reply while I'm searching my brain for something to say.

"Caroline, hi." I finally managed to say as I inwardly continued my mental search for something meaningful to say. She just stared at me with the only thing she shares in common with her twin brother - the eyes - and a smile on her face. She really is beautiful. Why couldn't I be like her? As beautiful as she is, she isn't as stuck up as the rest of her acquaintances in the popular crew. I say acquaintances because they all obviously aren't all that close.

"Uh, I just came here to unwind is all." My mouth finally let out so I figured my brain was back to being functional. "Oh that's cool. Doesn't your class always have a million teachers and never any free time except recess?" she asked looking at me with an expression that was hard to decipher. I think it was amusement. "We do have a few free periods, but then everyone else is busy. We're not all work and no play you know." I replied her with a sincere smile on my face.

"But you definitely are." Lemuel said. I tried not to look at him so I wouldn't lose my senses again. He apparently realized my attempt at ignoring him so he walked towards us, stopped next to his sister and glared daggers at me. I thought he didn't even know I exist but it turns out he might actually hate me. Just my luck! His glare giving me goose pimples made me search my brain for something to say. I hadn't been there for a full period and it felt like I had done more mental work than I would in a full day. I hate that he has that effect on me.

"I really love music too. I'm not just all about books." I finally answered which turns his glare into the same look on his sister's face which I couldn't exactly decipher. That deadpan look. Only now did I see the similarities shared between the schools favourite fraternal twins. Well, they are the only fraternal twins in the school. We have another set of twins in the school but they're both boys and they're identical.

"I know that. So does Mr J." He calmly said, putting emphasis on Mr J obviously trying to remind me of our previous*agreement*. Okay, so I didn't exactly willingly give my consent but he drives a hard bargain. How could I resist? Even if his presence didn't really turn me into a practical idiot - which it does - I obviously wouldn't snitch on him. I'm not that kind of person.

Caroline looked between us with a questioning look trying to understand what's going on while I'm not so sure what my face looked like.

Ring ring ring. The bell went off and for the first time ever, I was happy to leave school.

I practically sprinted towards the door but stopped in my tracks when I heard Lemuel. "Won't even say goodbye." He snickered. At least he was kinda laughing.

"See you guys later then." I said, trying to hide the jitters in my voice. I smiled at them and with one last wave at both of them, I quickly turned the door knob and ran out of room not making sure to close the door. I was just glad I got out of there without having a mental breakdown.

I quickly rushed down the stairs of the building where the music room and all the other labs are and made my way up the stairs of the building that holds the classes to my locker. I grabbed the books I needed, stuffed them into my bag and I started making my way down the flight of stairs I came up a few minutes ago. Basically all 4 buildings of this school has stairs. Pissy school and all the stupid stairs.

I made it out of the school breathing hard but still relieved. Yay!

I thought that was the last time I'd ever run into Lemuel again. Until Today.

*****************************************

First time in my life I'm late for choir rehearsals and I'm supposed to be taking lead. Just great. Mr J will end me - I thought to myself. I finally made it to the music room and burst through the door only to find the same beautifully sexy Adonis that makes my heart skip beats playing the saxophone. His eyes were closed so he was probably really into the music; or concentrating. It looked like playing that hunk of metal could stress anyone out. He was the only one there though and I started to wonder why. I think that's the reason I hadn't started losing it yet. I was still wondering.

He was obviously learning that song because at a point, he played a wrong note. "Shit." He swore out of frustration. He swears? I looked at him, puzzled. That's when he saw me. "Guess you didn't get the info. Those stupid good for nothing children." He cursed under his breath while looking at me like I was magically supposed to understand all he just said. He was also probably mad that I saw him mess up. To the whole school, Lemuel never messes up. I'd like to believe the look on my face gave it away that I didn't understand because he started to talk again.

"Mr J told me he wouldn't be coming today and I sent those kids to tell everyone else in the choir. Looks like they missed one person." He explained further.

"Well I am practically invisible." I blurted without thinking. And his reaction?

I'll tell you about that tomorrow diary. I know you're tired of knowing about what happened. Well, that, and the fact that my hand hurts.
Goodnight.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

*PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE*

I'm sorry about the cliffhangers guys...but How else would you wanna read the next chapter?😆 I love y'all for staying with me and staying with my diary🤗 it really means a lot, so I'm saying Thank you so much😚😚